JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ruptured a disc in my back a while ago, and as a result have accumulated different painkillers. I am not a drug addict, and don't prefer to take them at all, but I was wondering if adding a few to my bag would be such a good idea, due to that they can expire after a while. Any advice would be appreciated.

I ruptured a disc in my back a while ago, and as a result have accumulated different painkillers. I am not a drug addict, and don't prefer to take them at all, but I was wondering if adding a few to my bag would be such a good idea, due to that they can expire after a while. Any advice would be appreciated.

i absolutely believe it to be a good idea...i am a pharmacy tech, and have vacuum packed a few as well. even aspirin will be a very valuable commodity when SHTF...if you need to give yourself or others stitches, remove a bullet, set a broken leg or whatever, you will want drugs...aspirin, ibuprofen, a muscle relaxer of some kind, and a narcotic like morphine or oxycodone would be sufficient.

i absolutely believe it to be a good idea...i am a pharmacy tech, and have vacuum packed a few as well. even aspirin will be a very valuable commodity when SHTF...if you need to give yourself or others stitches, remove a bullet, set a broken leg or whatever, you will want drugs...aspirin, ibuprofen, a muscle relaxer of some kind, and a narcotic like morphine or oxycodone would be sufficient.

+1

Good Point I have some Tylenol 500 and couple of bottle of aspirin in my GO bags.

I tried Ibuprofen, but I cannot take it, my bodies chemistry has a very rare reaction to Ibuprofen call extreme Insomnia, no kidding it is like taking a legalized speed for me.

Doctors did not even know it, I diagnosed it myself, seriously it really truely blew their minds when I suggested the diagnoses. After an hour or two of doing some research the doctor verified it.

Wished there was something stronger than Tylenol 500, I could by over the counter though.

naproxen sodium?

This is part of my nightmare. I'm on maintenance pain control oxycodone, pretty large daily doses, people who have taken a few of these have experienced pretty heavy effects, but if you have taken them for a long time it's like being normal on them, not all weird-ed out stoned or drugged up. However, if I start to reduce them too fast the withdrawals are very unpleasant, plus the pain of course. I'm thinking the collapse could happen before I can get weaned off these things, the Dr. is telling me 6 months is optimistic. Word to the wise, if you have chronic pain and have not yet started a continuous opiate regimen please don't take that option, it helps a lot but adds a monstrous problem of it's own. So, what happens if the world realizes the game the Fed is playing and drops the dollar? If that happens I may be forced into rapid detox, all while the other nightmares that accompany an economic earthquake and a real life struggle to stay alive may surround me.

But my faith is in God, above all else, and he knows all of my fears and in addition the future as well. It is a huge comfort knowing I'm loved by the Creator.

In any case, please remember what I'm saying if you have to get off massive doses of ibuprofen (A kidney murderer) and are thinking of opiates.

OK, I was not sure, I will discuss it with my doctor and see what she says.

Thanks fo rthe suggestion,

You have to know your doctor for this to happen and they have to know you. Otherwise, you're just another person looking for narcs.

My sister is a physician's assistant and she gets asked exactly this (she can write such prescriptions).

Good Point I have some Tylenol 500 and couple of bottle of aspirin in my GO bags.

I tried Ibuprofen, but I cannot take it, my bodies chemistry has a very rare reaction to Ibuprofen call extreme Insomnia, no kidding it is like taking a legalized speed for me.

Doctors did not even know it, I diagnosed it myself, seriously it really truely blew their minds when I suggested the diagnoses. After an hour or two of doing some research the doctor verified it.

Wished there was something stronger than Tylenol 500, I could by over the counter though.

Too bad you aren't in Canada, you could get some Tylenol #1 or some 222's (aspirin w/ codiene) over the counter-- SWEET!
Just do what I do & tell your Dr you want some Vicodin or Percoset...Of course if you don't tolerate Tylenol well hit up your Dr for some Oxycodone, or Vicoprofen (Vicoden w/ Motrin instead of Tylenol base)

The only thing I was worried about was the possibility of them becoming toxic after a while. I know most of the time perscriptions lose their potency, which isn't a big deal. I took my cousin out shooting, and he is from southern california, so he doesn't get a chance to shoot alot of the guns that my buddy, and I own. Long story short we hiked a ways away from the truck down this little ravine in the snow, and coming up a hill bam I bust my knee. They had to carry me out, which was by far the most excrutiating experience of my life. After that I had to contort into the truck, driving through snow covered rutted out roads (another lovely experience). I have perscriptions for vicodin/percoset/flexoril/soma/gabapentin for my back, most of which I dont take unless necessary, and it made me think a couple of pain killers would have made that little situation a bit less painful. I recently outfitted my shooting bag with survival gear, and added a few of these in there, as well as my bug out bag. Thanks for the advice.

This is part of my nightmare. I'm on maintenance pain control oxycodone, pretty large daily doses, people who have taken a few of these have experienced pretty heavy effects, but if you have taken them for a long time it's like being normal on them, not all weird-ed out stoned or drugged up. However, if I start to reduce them too fast the withdrawals are very unpleasant, plus the pain of course. I'm thinking the collapse could happen before I can get weaned off these things, the Dr. is telling me 6 months is optimistic. Word to the wise, if you have chronic pain and have not yet started a continuous opiate regimen please don't take that option, it helps a lot but adds a monstrous problem of it's own. So, what happens if the world realizes the game the Fed is playing and drops the dollar? If that happens I may be forced into rapid detox, all while the other nightmares that accompany an economic earthquake and a real life struggle to stay alive may surround me.

But my faith is in God, above all else, and he knows all of my fears and in addition the future as well. It is a huge comfort knowing I'm loved by the Creator.

In any case, please remember what I'm saying if you have to get off massive doses of ibuprofen (A kidney murderer) and are thinking of opiates.

I feel where you are coming from. I have been recommended opiate pain management, but have seen first hand what that does to people. I get injections done once a year and they help. The surgery odds are just not good enough, and when I heard there is a chance it could actually make it worse that ended that conversation. Luckily enough my job has moved me into a different department, and I dont have to mess around with concrete, and drywall anymore. PartsProduction I feel your pain, and anyone that says back injuries are nothing has obviously never had one, you can have mine for a week :).

Sorry to hear this. Glad your faith is strong though. I've never been in enough pain to require them for as long as you but I'll tell you the sooner you get off them the better. Even if you can wein off in increments. I would do that before your cutoff in one way or another because going cold turkey from that stuff is literaly the most terrible thing a person can go through imo. One of them atleast... It can be done in a way that is less painful though. I would wein off over the next 6 months, decreasing the dose the best you are able. I'm really sorry to hear about your luck. I wish the best for you. Hope you can find an alternative

I dont think adding painkillers to the bob is a good idea. For one it could get you in a legal situation. two it could get you killed or robbed by drug addicts if for some reason word got out that you had them and we all know how crazy an opiate addict gets when they are in need. times that by 10 in a shtf situation... lastly it can make you weak minded. They didn't have painkillers back in the days of old and they made do. Don't get me wrong, there is definately instances they would be 'nice' but its probably better to man-up and build your pain tolerances or just pound some whiskey and passout if its that bad. ...now a local anesthetic would be very useful

i never heard of that before... I'm referring to the strong locals that dont make you drowsy and out of it. It would be nice to be able to be sober and still get medical work done...especially if you had to do it on yourself for some reason

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top