JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought a Keltec sub 2000 in .40 Glock. I like just about everything on the gun except the mag well. The cut in the bottom of the mag well are right where my pinky goes. I put a Houge rubber grip on it, and it helps, but it seems like it ought to be possible to make the problem go away entirely. I was considering shaping and gluing a piece of plastic into the cut out, but I am concerned that it will fall out (and I don't want to bubba the thing).

I know that they sell mag well adapters for full size glocks and I was wondering if anyone any ideas about adapting one to the sub2000?

I don't intend to sell the gun, so permanent repair/upgrade is what I am going for.

Grip Adapter & Mag Well : GRIP ADAPTER & MAG WELL for GLOCK® | Brownells

First you may want to check out thektog.org

The sub 2000 in 40 cal glock was offered in g22 and g23. Sounds like you have a g23. Best thing to do is run the g22 mags and use the mag adapters to g23 that slide over them. Using the part you suggested will not work and will more likely fail due to difference in mag well. Hope this helps out a bit and like said above check out thektog and take a look.

It accepts full length (15rd) magazines without any space between the bottom of the grip and the sides of the floor plate on the magazine - leading me to believe that it is the G22 version.

It just has this great big gap in the front (and rear) of the grip.

IMG_20140101_150513.jpg

IMG_20140101_150538.jpg

IMG_20140101_150513.jpg

IMG_20140101_150538.jpg

Yep that's the full g22 version. The cuts are for removal of the mag if it becomes stuck in the mag well for whatever reason (if that should happen). Glocks have this feature only its on rear of mag only.

As for " changing it ". Go with the houge / handal slip over grip if you feel you have to. Many have done that over on ktog. Personally I have no issues with the feel of either of mine sub 2000 glock 19 and sub 9 in g22, and feel that any pistol or the like with a slip over grip is quite stupid really I guess its super comfy but it hinders actual performance getting in the way of mag releases and poor grip due to shifting and movement. That's just my take on it. I would rather it function 100% of the time vs super padded for long hand holding sessions.

Hope that helps ya out. If ya got any questions or issues with it feel free to pm me. I'm pretty knowledgeable with the sub 2000 and sub 9. Been inside and out of quite a bit of em and modded a few.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top