Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Addicted to hunting

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by nwwoodsman, Aug 1, 2011.

1. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Lately I've realized I might have a problem. I think I'm addicted to hunting. I can rattle off the opening dates of deer, elk, and bear seasons, but I can only remember 2 out of 3 of my kids birthdays. Yesterday I actually left my kids birthday party to go buy my bear tag just in the nick of time. I have horns on my wall but not a single picture of my mother. When I see road kill, I check to see if it has antlers on it. On mothers day I talked my wife into letting me go to Dicks to look at archery gear. I don't know where my vehicle registration is, but I can tell you how many boxes of .22 cartridges and shotgun shells I have in my glove box. An 10 hour work day feels like eternity, but I can leave at 4:30am to go elk hunting and after 14 hours wonder why it's getting dark so early.
    Anyone else have similar symptoms?

gallogiro and (deleted member) like this.
  2. old_heli_logger

old_heli_logger Hillsboro, Oregon Member

I don't get it, what's the problem? I can quit anytime I want to, I just don't want to....got a coffee pot in this camp?

3. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

:wave:

I forgot my wife's birthday this year. On the plus side, since I've been living in my workshop, my gear is much more organized.

gallogiro and (deleted member) like this.
  4. BigBull 301

BigBull 301 PDX almost Well-Known Member

I've had it for, well a loooooooooooong time. If 45 years is long.

5. johnboy

johnboy Hillsboro Member

Me too

6. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

hmm... my nephew has a birthday in October and my brother in-law has to take a weekend off hunting to celebrate. So, me being as observant as I am; all 3 of our pregnancies were planned as to not fall during the months of Sept-Nov. I might have a problem as well.