JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I know everyone likes to bash 9MM's, but I for one like them a lot. So with that being said, please save your bashing of the platform for some one who will care, because I will not..........
With that being said, I picked up a M&P 9 and a FNX9. I have yet to take them to the range, been real busy and for somo stupid reason I don't want to shoot the 700 rounds of 9MM I have in the closet......I will go tomorrow and shot them but I do have a question about the FNH.
I have heard really good things about them and this is my first experience with that platform. I have XD's, 1911's, I have a Beretta 92 which is a great heavy gun, SIG M1 (which i am soooo unhappy with).
So i guess my actual question is where would you stack the 9's I have: XD9/Ber 92/M&P9/FNX9
I think its going to be interesting of the replies.....Oh, so please don't add the Glock to the list, cause I dont have one, never wanted one.

I have an fnx 9 and a fns 40 I like them both ,thinking of picking up a second fns 40, I find the fnx and fns very reliable and super accurate,
I also have XD9 which I might get rid of for the second fns I want, I think FN is Very under rated as there top notch.

I have an fnx 9 and a fns 40 I like them both ,thinking of picking up a second fns 40, I find the fnx and fns very reliable and super accurate,
I also have XD9 which I might get rid of for the second fns I want, I think FN is Very under rated as there top notch.

Thanks JOJO, I have done a lot of reading about the FH's and a lot of the problems with the platform was fixed, like the backstrap being loose and some mag seating issues. everything i read i think about getting rid of the XD, and I just might here soon.

There's nothing wrong with liking the 9mm. I prefer a 9mm after owning 45s, 40s, and 380s. I currently have a ruger sr9c, a beretta 92a1, and just recently drove 2 hours to pick up a sti spartan 5 1911 in a 9mm.

I only own the Beretta out of those guns, but I will buy a fxn one of these days. I did own a xd but didn't like it. Never cared for the trigger on the s&w. So Beretta would be first on my list then the fnx.

All my Berettas have been very accurate and 100 percent reliable. I had thought about getting an MP9 and have fired one and I think they are probably one of the top plastic guns. I have fired XD's in 9 and 45 and think they are good solid guns but their looks doesn't appeal to me. Never even held one of the FN's but I think they look ok. My question back to you would be "of the plastic guns, which has the best trigger?"

All my Berettas have been very accurate and 100 percent reliable. I had thought about getting an MP9 and have fired one and I think they are probably one of the top plastic guns. I have fired XD's in 9 and 45 and think they are good solid guns but their looks doesn't appeal to me. Never even held one of the FN's but I think they look ok. My question back to you would be "of the plastic guns, which has the best trigger?"

So after field testing all 4 last night, finally.................The FNX is the lightest and most controllable out of the 4, DA trigger pull is a little less that the Beretta but still a little stout due to having the exposed hammer. The M&P trigger pull is a but tight, i don't like the 2 part trigger as much as I thought i would, it feels a little "frictiony"if that makes sence. So the XD, I have moved it on my list. At one time, it was the best gun for the money, 3 years ago, it was a 300 dollar gun from albania to now a 6oo dollar gun with the same feel and weight. I don't like the 3 part trigger anymore, and its a little sloppy, feels like a ruger plastic gun now.
I believe the FNX is at the top of the line, going to shot a friends FNS soon, and if that is as good as the FNX, I will be a buyer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top