Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Added 2 9's to the collection this past week

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by jasonabernathy75, Feb 19, 2013.

1. jasonabernathy75

jasonabernathy75 Wilsonville Oregon Member

So I know everyone likes to bash 9MM's, but I for one like them a lot. So with that being said, please save your bashing of the platform for some one who will care, because I will not..........
    With that being said, I picked up a M&P 9 and a FNX9. I have yet to take them to the range, been real busy and for somo stupid reason I don't want to shoot the 700 rounds of 9MM I have in the closet......I will go tomorrow and shot them but I do have a question about the FNH.
    I have heard really good things about them and this is my first experience with that platform. I have XD's, 1911's, I have a Beretta 92 which is a great heavy gun, SIG M1 (which i am soooo unhappy with).
    So i guess my actual question is where would you stack the 9's I have: XD9/Ber 92/M&P9/FNX9
    I think its going to be interesting of the replies.....Oh, so please don't add the Glock to the list, cause I dont have one, never wanted one.

2. JO JO

JO JO Vancouver WA Active Member

I have an fnx 9 and a fns 40 I like them both ,thinking of picking up a second fns 40, I find the fnx and fns very reliable and super accurate,
    I also have XD9 which I might get rid of for the second fns I want, I think FN is Very under rated as there top notch.

3. jasonabernathy75

Thanks JOJO, I have done a lot of reading about the FH's and a lot of the problems with the platform was fixed, like the backstrap being loose and some mag seating issues. everything i read i think about getting rid of the XD, and I just might here soon.

4. Iceman04503

Iceman04503 Portland, or Active Member

There's nothing wrong with liking the 9mm. I prefer a 9mm after owning 45s, 40s, and 380s. I currently have a ruger sr9c, a beretta 92a1, and just recently drove 2 hours to pick up a sti spartan 5 1911 in a 9mm.

5. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

If you put two in the chest and one in the head, they won't complain when it comes to 9mm. I run 9mm and .40 s&w myself.

6. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

~Beretta 92
    ~S&W M&P 9
    ~Springfield XD9
    ~FN FNX9

~Glock Any

deadeyed and (deleted member) like this.
  7. ripcity

ripcity Milwaukie Active Member

I only own the Beretta out of those guns, but I will buy a fxn one of these days. I did own a xd but didn't like it. Never cared for the trigger on the s&w. So Beretta would be first on my list then the fnx.

8. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

All my Berettas have been very accurate and 100 percent reliable. I had thought about getting an MP9 and have fired one and I think they are probably one of the top plastic guns. I have fired XD's in 9 and 45 and think they are good solid guns but their looks doesn't appeal to me. Never even held one of the FN's but I think they look ok. My question back to you would be "of the plastic guns, which has the best trigger?"

9. jasonabernathy75

So after field testing all 4 last night, finally.................The FNX is the lightest and most controllable out of the 4, DA trigger pull is a little less that the Beretta but still a little stout due to having the exposed hammer. The M&P trigger pull is a but tight, i don't like the 2 part trigger as much as I thought i would, it feels a little "frictiony"if that makes sence. So the XD, I have moved it on my list. At one time, it was the best gun for the money, 3 years ago, it was a 300 dollar gun from albania to now a 6oo dollar gun with the same feel and weight. I don't like the 3 part trigger anymore, and its a little sloppy, feels like a ruger plastic gun now.
    I believe the FNX is at the top of the line, going to shot a friends FNS soon, and if that is as good as the FNX, I will be a buyer.