JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
PORTLAND -- Mayor Sam Adams has postponed plans to implement some type of gun control ordinance, his spokesman said.

Roy Kauffman said the mayor wants to incorporate feedback received from around the country. He also wants more comments locally and a gun task force needs more time to get underway.

Adams has proposed a plan with five major points, including creating new penalties for failing to control childrens' access to guns, increasing penalties for convicted gun offenders, and imposing a curfew for juvenile criminals.

Task force? When are Portlanders going to be able to throw him out?

The rest here__----- <broken link removed>

Last Edited:
PORTLAND -- Mayor Sam Adams has postponed plans to implement some type of gun control ordinance, his spokesman said.

Roy Kauffman said the mayor wants to incorporate feedback received from around the country. He also wants more comments locally and a gun task force needs more time to get underway.

Adams has proposed a plan with five major points, including creating new penalties for failing to control childrens' access to guns, increasing penalties for convicted gun offenders, and imposing a curfew for juvenile criminals.

Task force? When are Portlanders going to be able to throw him out?

His term ends Jan 1st 2013 so he has a lot of time to do more damage than he already has done.

I got an email from the NRA on this and wrote a letter to his office regarding this. His whole objective was full of unenforceable rules aimed at criminals that only would saddle law abiding citizens with more things that they had to do. I'll see if I can find the text.

Don't bother Sam he's too busy sweeping up the leaves in front of my house so he can send me a bill for $30 a year.

Nice. And I thought that among the other taxes I pay, the tax for the service to have the city take my trash away was bad....Now what did they call that, oh, yea a service tax thats added to the bill I pay for them to take my trash.

How do these people make it in office?
:huh:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews