Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Actually going to the gunshow looking for something.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Nov 20, 2009.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

For once I am going to the gunshow actually looking for something (besides peanut brittle) in a few minutes. I am going to try and find a set of night sights for my Glock 33. Anyone else going this weekend?

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I might either go Saturday late afternoon or Sunday morning. Not looking for anything special. More for entertainment value than anything else. I love to watch the guys all tacticaled out trying to look like operators. :laugh:

3. 9mmMike

9mmMike Gladstone, OR Member

I just can't see spending the $15.00 for entrance and parking to buy things for the same price that I can have them delivered to my door or buy down the street for. I understand if your a collector and looking for older guns or paraphenalia, but otherwise in my yearly trip to the gun shows, I don't buy anything, and it ends up just being a people watching excercise as mentioned above. I still go about once a year, but I don't know why...

4. wavo

wavo Portland Member

Yup!
    Leaving in a few minutes, have many things to look at this time. Mainly to feel a bunch of different guns to help me decide upon a CC.

5. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

There is also the "carnival sideshow" aspect too. That is worth the admission price alone. Then there is also the fact that there is usually some prime, grade "A" eye-candy (for all tastes) walking around too...and I am not just talking about Coctailer. :D ;) :p

6. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

Old Earl Nash, Glock Guy, usually has them.

He hooked up my brother's Glock 21 a couple weeks ago.

7. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

There is also the "carnival sideshow" aspect too. That is worth the admission price alone. Then there is also the fact that there is usually some prime, grade "A" eye-candy (for all tastes) walking around too...and I am not just talking about Coctailer.

Was that bile I just swallowed?:laugh:

8. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

They have peanut brittle :huh: i'm there dude.:thumbup:

9. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

I might be going this afternoon to grab a few more lowers :)

10. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

ROTFL :laugh:

11. theflyguy

theflyguy Beaverton, Oregon Member

I was planning on going...but was only looking for ammo. Well I stoped by my local Bi-Mart yesterday & today and was able to get what I wanted...so I don't see a need to drive all the way over to the expo center, pay for parking and door charge. I can spend those dollars at Bi-Mart tomorrow getting more ammo.

12. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

I like older guns but I don't buy them at the gun show.

20 years...no, even 10 years ago you could find racks of dirty brown rifles for $50 and walk home with a nice Enfield or Mauser. Today, even the lamest Mausers are $150 and Mosin-Nagants are $100+. Since I have to pay gas + $7 to park + $10 ($15? I forget) to get in, I might as well pay shipping and have one from the internet shipped to me. At least when I buy over the net, I have the option of returning it.

But yes...I still like going to gun shows...and I'm not sure why ;-)

13. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

I thought i was a gun show:huh:

only in Portland

14. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I'll more than likely be coming over to the show tomorrow if the weather on the pass isn't too bad.

15. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

I went to the show this afternoon and had JCweaponry install a short trigger on a Sig P229. :thumbup:

16. ajf1

ajf1 beaverton Member

Im looking to go on saturday.. I will have to look at the sideshow. Now that sounds pretty darn funny.. That is if I make it home tonight

17. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

Horrifyingly accurate.

I hope you're up-to-date on your shots, and aren't succeptible to mange.

18. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

Grizzly_A and I went at 5pm - left at 7...

Grabbed two YHM Lowers :) So I was happy!

ALMOST bought a .308 CETME, but decided against it.

19. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

I did look quite fetching today in my baggy jeans and beer-belly.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

20. CrossHairs

CrossHairs Tigard Active Member

Went today. Found some small pistol primers($30 for 1K), and there was a reasonable amount of powder too! Finally got to reload some 9mm tonight that will get thrown downrange at tri-county in the morning.

Was it me, or did it seem that there is just not the 'urgency' that I've seen at previous shows....although two guys did randomly ask me where I go the primers...guess those are still in short supply.

Also noticed that the pistol I would like to pick up at some point (Beretta 92FS) was more pricey at the show than I have seen under the glass at a few local brick and mortar places!

Other than that...lots of AR stuff, did not seem like there was as many rifle varieties as in previous trips, but there is definately more ammo! Even 22 LR (Gasp)!