Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Activists defy new Washington gun law to demonstrate its unenforceability

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by U201491, Dec 4, 2014.

1. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

http://www.examiner.com/article/activists-defy-new-washington-gun-law-to-demonstrate-its-unenforceability?CID=examiner_alerts_article
    Activists defy new Washington gun law to demonstrate its unenforceability
    December 4, 2014 10:20 AM MST
    f4dfd1d3098b149b829653d56d7253a5.jpg
    Play
    "Washington's I594 is now in effect, but LAL doesn't care, as he commits a blatant violation of the new law by not conducting a background check to transfer a firearm."
    LaughingAtLiberals
    Defying the recently-passed Washington State Initiative 594 requiring background checks on gun sales, videographer and citizen journalist “LaughingAtLiberals” and an unidentified accomplice made a point of defying the law as soon as it became effective Thursday. To document the sale, the transaction was recorded and posted on You Tube.
    The new law, which took effect at midnight, was heavily backed by Michael Bloomberg’s “Everytown” effort, with additional financing from billionaires like Microsoft’s Bill Gates. In spite of campaign rhetoric that such measures are supported by 90 percent of the populace, even a solid “blue state” like Washington, where a massively-funded campaign war chest and resultant advertising dwarfed opposition financing, only passed the initiative with just under 60 percent of the vote.
    “Washington's I594 is now in effect, but LAL doesn't care, as he commits a blatant violation of the new law by not conducting a background check to transfer a firearm,” the video description explains. It begins at 11:50 p.m. Wednesday, seconds before the initiative becomes enforceable law.
    At 12:00 a.m., “LAL” announces it is December 4, 2014, He then proceeds to explain that he is in Vancouver, and about to become the first citizen to violate the new law by “purchas[ing] a gun from a buddy of mine without going through the background check.”
    Further explaining he and the seller are not exempt from background check requirements, the physical transfer of a “Glock Model 22” for “a wad of cash” is then completed. What’s not clear is if there is anything authorities can do about it.
    Enough advance care has been placed into what would be shown and admitted to on camera to make pinning an actual violation of law on specific individuals problematic, if not impossible. That said, the purpose of the video appears to be not to test the law in court, but to demonstrate how it is utterly useless at preventing “undocumented” transfers.
    Showing they can be done without repercussions as a staged act of civil disobedience demonstrates that the entire justification behind I-594, “making sure that firearms don’t get into the hands of dangerous people who shouldn't have them,” is a premise unsupported by reality. An edict that won't stop peaceable rights advocates from making a point is hardly likely to deter predatory criminals from making victims.
    Those behind the effort in Washington, who are now relentlessly attempting to finance and impose similar decrees in states like Nevada and beyond, are well aware of that. As such, it makes their true motives an important and legitimate subject for unbiased media inquiry and investigation.
    Suggested Links (go to website to view links)

http://www.examiner.com/article/act...-unenforceability?CID=examiner_alerts_article

• Bloomberg-Gates background check ploy first step to registration, confiscation
    • Nevada grassroots gun rights group challenges invalid Bloomberg signatures
    • Bloomberg Moms’ political spots relied on deceptive voter manipulation
    • Bloomberg state-level gun threat recalls little-heeded warning
    • Media covering up Bloomberg hand behind Nevada background check group

erudne and 3MTA3 like this.
  2. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Laughing at Liberals is one of my favorite YouTube channels.

Dyjital, U201491 and Caveman Jim like this.
  3. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

I do not blame anyone who doesn't comply with this billionaire bought, unonstitutional and blatant disregard for people's rights abortion!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Join the many on Saturday December 13th at the capital and rub the some chit in their faces. o_O

4. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

So the law won't prevent people from selling and buying firearms without .gov's permission...what a shocker :D

ikemay, U201491 and Caveman Jim like this.
  5. U201491

A little machinery or even some good hand tools and some know how and you can turn a lamp or even
    an old pump, or hydraulic parts.....etc into a gun. What the he<< do they think they accomplished ?
    Silence is also golden :) But that seems to be in short supply around here LOL.
    Still the one thing that would actually fix the problem is 800,000 people standing with one voice a little raised, and irate with a NO.... Simple all in unison..... NO, NO, and NO, and fix the damned unconstitutional infringement law the libs bought and paid for at all of your expense.
    But that is all in the hands of WA gun owners and 2nd Amendment supporters to work out.

Connecticut gun owners did it and it still holds. Guts and the willingness to back it up........................
    It is how we have obtained and kept this country.
    I fear what we had in the Revolutionary War, WW-I and WW-II has been lost to the couch and
    systematic brainwashing from the 60's till now.
    We have a strong military and they do the will of the person at the helm and we have not had anyone that loves this country at the helm since 1963!
    There lies the problem ..................... :/
    They have that spirit back there in Conn. , which actually surprised me a bit.

Guess the left coast has softened too much to "thumb" (polite term) pressure :/\/\/\ /

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    Caveman Jim and 3MTA3 like this.
  6. captqc

captqc Tigard Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

It's looking like Oregon is the next target. Every Oregon gun owner should join OFF. Doesn't seem that the NRA helped Washington gun owners.:(

AMT likes this.
  7. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Not a bit.

8. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

guess they don't worry about crossing state lines anymore.

Which is another bs law

9. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Saturday speakers to include Bundy, Vanderboegh; Jan. 15 event announced

Saturday’s “I will not comply” gathering in Olympia will include some nationally-known government critics, while a more legislative-oriented Jan. 15 event co-sponsored by the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and the Second Amendment Foundation could leave a more immediate impression on state lawmakers, considering an e-mail exchange today between Examiner and the Department of Licensing (DOL).

http://www.examiner.com/article/sat...lude-bundy-vanderboegh-jan-15-event-announced

Caveman Jim likes this.
  10. U201491

Just imagine if 800,000 people showed up........................ Think about it. The end of 594 pur and simple. Wish in one hand and c___p in the other and see which one fills the fastest.........
    But if WA gun owners really wanted it to go away, that would do it. No state politician would ever forget it.
    And I doubt they would ever vote for another anti gun bill............................ :)
    Hanes might even supply them with a change that day.....................LOL

11. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

It truly would be tantamount if even 1/10th of 800,000 would show up but from all the feelers I have posted on several other boards show less than enthusiastic replies.
    Most of them are revealing they are not wanting to break an unjust law and go to jail...... They fail to realize that a majority who will show up will not pass guns around.... but to show the nation that OUR 2A RIGHTS cannot be "BOUGHT" by the rich liberals who hate the law abiding gun owners that reside in liberal states!!!!

I challenge the people here in WA. that voted no on I-594 to show up (I will be there unless I die before then) to take a day out of your busy lives to to prove that you stand behind your vote!!! If you "REALLY CARE" YOU WILL SHOW UP.....

TastyWheat87, Dyjital and U201491 like this.
  12. U201491

The one damned thing that could actually win this battle up there and
    the revelation of a state of whimps emerges.
    Good try Jim, but I am afraid you guys are screwed up there.
    BUT NEVER GIVE UP !

Looks like the worst of the Cali vermin have infected even the gun owners there.
    A lot of talk but seldom the guts when push comes to shove.
    All just go back to couching and belly puffing.
    I think most are scared of their own shadows.
    Go-d help us if we ever end up in a real war again.......................
    I question if there is more than 10% worthy of holding their heads in an upright
    position up there. Any gun owner not standing out front of that Capitol building
    when the time comes should bury themselves in their worm hole forever.
    Prayers are with the men like you Jim, and a few others that actually do something beyond
    blow hot air.

Brace yourself also. I just got an email from the NRA that warns of an article in the Seattle times that the anti gunners are mounting another battering ram of anti gun laws to cram down the throats of Washingtonians. Guess they too think most up there are pushovers.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...un-slobs-are-not-done-with-washington.185390/

This is a sad state of affairs. :(

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  13. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

Burgess Meredith, Grumpier Old Men... a classic!

Caveman Jim likes this.
  14. U201491

Actually that has been around before I was born. Still true today. :/

Slobray and Caveman Jim like this.
  15. SX200

SX200 WA New Member

Is the passage of i-594 not against the WA constitution, since we don't live in a democracy but a republic
    therefore we vote into office representatives to uphold the state and the USA constitution and to
    implement the laws of this land.

It would therefore be against We the People, The Republic and its Representatives to allow the people to vote against the laws of the state and the land and against the US constitution

SECTION 18 STYLE OF LAWS. The style of the laws of the state shall be: "Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Washington." And no laws shall be enacted except by bill.

SECTION 19 BILL TO CONTAIN ONE SUBJECT. No bill shall embrace more than one subject, and that shall be expressed in the title.

SECTION 20 ORIGIN AND AMENDMENT OF BILLS. Any bill may originate in either house of the legislature, and a bill passed by one house may be amended in the other.

SECTION 21 YEAS AND NAYS. The yeas and nays of the members of either house shall be entered on the journal, on the demand of one-sixth of the members present.

SECTION 22 PASSAGE OF BILLS. No bill shall become a law unless on its final passage the vote be taken by yeas and nays, the names of the members voting for and against the same be entered on the journal of each house, and a majority of the members elected to each house be recorded thereon as voting in its favor.