JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think people are starting to wake up to the reality of what the passive pansies have been teaching them for years - cowering in fear and waiting for the police is practically a guarantee that you'll be the one killed. There was a time, not all that long ago, that Americans were known to be fighters, fearless and bold, ready to stand and fight, and, if necessary, die to fight evil. We've lost that part of ourselves on a large scale, and that's very sad. I think there was a spark of an awakening on 9/11, but it wasn't sustained. Perhaps the new war, the war at home, at our offices, in our neighborhoods, churches, theaters, malls, will really get people thinking. We are responsible, ultimately, for our own best defense, anything beyond that is just a bonus.

We just had to watch a DHS video about active shooters. It was laughable.
They showed a plain clothes cop carrying a 1911 with his finger on the trigger, support hand thumb wrapped behind the slide. Then he starts clearing a hallway by poking his head around the corner while standing.
I couldn't help it. I started laughing. My coworkers looked at me like I was nuts. Then when I pointed out that the bad guy is looking for someone's face at face level. Then they got it and started laughing.
Overall the video was horrible. Of course it recommended sheltering in place. It demonstrates this by showing a woman hiding behind a rolling fabric office chair and plastic trash can under the desk.
It recommends escape and finally confrontation. They then show someone grabbing a set of scissors.
Just awful. If our employer was really serious about our safety they wouldn't have a no weapons policy for employees.
I can understand them not wanting me walking around open carry, which I do on my time, but at least give me a chance to conceal.
I'm really looking at a glock 43 with mag extension.

"at least give me a chance to conceal."

You do have a chance. Just don't tell anybody. That's the point of the "concealed" part. I worked armed for years in a "no guns" company.

"at least give me a chance to conceal."

You do have a chance. Just don't tell anybody. That's the point of the "concealed" part. I worked armed for years in a "no guns" company.
I'm aware. I was specifically referring to the policy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top