JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got to be involved in an active shooter exercise at a school today. It was interesting. For police departments in small towns, they were damn good at taking control of the scene. We tried our hardest to give them difficulties. We had people freaking out, trying to get past the perimeter, breaking away from our little groups "in search of their kids", we even did some things we weren't supposed to do. But the law enforcement people handled it pretty well.
For those of you that have never been on the muzzle end of an AR-15- foam bullets or not, when a cop is in your face yelling at you to sit down on the floor, you do it!

I almost went to it but I have a trainee today.

I did do some drills with OSP many years ago during a tactical EMS class. A group of us were "rioters". As you said when those guys come on you even knowing it is a "drill" it is very intimidating.

I did some of those with Washington county a few years back. It was pretty fun being a bad guy... Usually they lit me up quickly (as they should), and they were all pretty well trained, but I do have two pretty memorable events. One time I actually got a rear guard in the leg when I happened to be in a classroom across from the main shooter and popped out when he happened to be briefly looking the wrong way. :) (fianally pay back, hehe) Another time, I was playing a dead victim (and quite well, I might add, hehe) in a scenario where the shooter would drop the gun (and present no threat) when told to (in which case the good guys should not fire) and when one Tac Team came through the scenario I (a dead victim, about 8-10 feet to the right of the shooter) got shot in the leg. I was like "what the heck? I'm way over here being dead; how did I get shot! someone must have had an itchy trigger finger." LOL. I kept quiet (as I was staying in character, i.e. dead) but after the scenario was over I let a trainer know and he said he'd definitely have a word with that group. Fun stuff.

They did one of those in my county the other day, I know one of the aggressors and he said he killed a lot of cops that day because they froze. It was very stressful on them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top