JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last Edited:
Wonderful, just more fuel for the anti-gunner's fire. Surprising how it keeps happening in 'gun free zones'.

I guess with the latest rash of shootings around the country, we should be prepared for another big anti-gun push like we got post Sandy Hook. I hope this doesn't mean another year and a half of overpriced and unavailable ammo again.

My thoughts entirely as the initial reports came in - nobody there to protect the students until Police arrived several minutes later. What the hell is wrong with people, anyway?

At the local high school here, there is a full-time police officer stationed at all times. I wonder if that is not common procedure everywhere. If not, it ought to be if only as a deterrent to those who would perpetrate such heinous acts.

The latest from KATU;
  • The shooter was dressed in all black, had some sort of tactical vest, and used an AR15.
  • One person was shot and has been taken to get medical attention
  • The gunman was cornered by Police in a bathroom
  • The gunman is dead. It's unknown if he was shot by Police or committed suicide.
  • The event is over

They just keep publicizing the hell out of these things so that spurs on those who want notoriety. Amazingly enough back many years ago they used to show on TV people who ran on the field at sporting events. When they refused to show them anymore, curiously it has almost come to a complete stop.

Holy hell..., I hope whoever got shot comes out okay. It's only been 3 short years since i went to Reynolds. Glad to hear the POS who did this is dead. My prayers are with the injured,

I've noticed on the last few shootings that they are doing in depth stories on the shooters, and the frequency is increasing. For a while the press had been avoiding showing their pictures and giving their names, and that tactic seemed to be working. Just my own unscientific observation.

Guessing if there WAS an AR used, it'll be glossed over if it's stolen, but if the shooter legally purchased it it'll be all they'll talk about for a month.

This seriously makes me want to grab my tinfoil - because we're seeing an uptick in shooting like this again, coupled with the two wacknuts in Vegas - I see a big gun control push again and ammo prices going through the roof again. Just when I wanted to get out and put some rounds downrange again...

At the local high school here, there is a full-time police officer stationed at all times. I wonder if that is not common procedure everywhere. If not, it ought to be if only as a deterrent to those who would perpetrate such heinous acts.
Everywhere?. Here in Oregon, many students are bussed a hundred miles or what to spend, boarding school style, five days of seven at the school. "police officer" feh

Only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, or if he gets really lucky with pepper spray.

It's true many people will use these events to ban guns, but since guns are already banned on school campuses, I think this may also be the driving force to help promote the NRA's original plan of the School Shield program. Seriously, if Obama's kids are important enough to be protected by armed security personnel while they are at school, so are our kids.. How can we leave our kids unprotected.

Seriously, the gun grabbers are not going to be able to ban all the guns and they know it.. Our children are quite helpless and a deranged lunatic can cause plenty of carnage even with a pair of knives as we saw in the school stabbing in Pittsburgh.

We need armed guards at our schools. They can even probably find people willing to volunteer time to do it to save on the costs. Our tax money goes to fund so much garbage like free food for drug addicts and welfare checks to people who have 8 kids and don't want to work. How about funding to protect our schools so our children can be safe.

Only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, or if he gets really lucky with pepper spray.

It's true many people will use these events to ban guns, but since guns are already banned on school campuses, I think this may also be the driving force to help promote the NRA's original plan of the School Shield program. Seriously, if Obama's kids are important enough to be protected by armed security personnel while they are at school, so are our kids.. How can we leave our kids unprotected.

Seriously, the gun grabbers are not going to be able to ban all the guns and they know it.. Our children are quite helpless and a deranged lunatic can cause plenty of carnage even with a pair of knives as we saw in the school stabbing in Pittsburgh.

We need armed guards at our schools. They can even probably find people willing to volunteer time to do it to save on the costs. Our tax money goes to fund so much garbage like free food for drug addicts and welfare checks to people who have 8 kids and don't want to work. How about funding to protect our schools so our children can be safe.
You spelled "teachers" wrong.. teachers should be allowed to be armed.

Billions for light rail, but not a dime for mental health facilities. I have a sister-in-law who's tried to commit suicide 3 times this year, and WANTS to be in a locked down, 24/7 care situation. There is nothing available for her, so she's in the care of my in-laws, who she's attacked with a baseball bat. Does anybody really have to wonder what the problem is?

Acts like this one are suicides. They are elaborately planned to be spectacular in nature, but they are still suicides. There are 30,000 suicides a year in America, twice the number of homicides. Anti-gun groups argue that the availability of guns leads to more suicides. That's just clever wording. The availability of guns leads to more successful suicides. The statistics are that 1 in 45 suicide attempts is successful. That's 1,350,000 suicide attempts per year in the US. That's pretty powerful testimony to the fact that we have inadequate mental health treatment and facilities in this country.

But these facts will be drowned out by the anti-gun hysteria. We'll go on trying to pass legislation that is (hopefully) impossible to pass, won't work if it does pass, and punishes everyone for the acts of a few.

CertainDeaf said:
You spelled "teachers" wrong.. teachers should be allowed to be armed.

I think any adult who is a legally eligible to own a gun should be able to be armed on campus.. I'm just talking about taking measures that the libtarded population can hopefully agree on.. They would be too terrified to allow just any law abiding citizen to carry a gun in a school.

I cannot understand why teachers are not allowed to arm themselves.

My step-daughter goes to Reynolds - would have been there today except Seniors are already done.

When I heard this, I had the following thoughts in this order:
  1. I'm glad my stepdaughter is OK.
  2. I feel very sad for families of victims.
  3. I don't want to listen to the social media/public media blather for the next month so it's a good time to take a break from the 'net.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top