JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
2nd A. rights to the end. First life time NRA member, Concealed carry in several states. New NWFA member and some hunting groups. 12 year veteran with combat. Does not seem important but I would fight to keep all of our rights. Last but not least a saying that I saw that I find humor in.

If guns kill people, spoons make Michael Moore fat!!!!!!

Hope not to offend anyone????? I just think his stance on the 2nd A. is way off base and all fallicies.

Scott

This is the second time I've visited this thread. While there are many things we all can and should do, (i.e. write your congressman, rationaly discussing the issues with non-gun folks, etc.) EVERYONE here should at least "find" the money to join the N.R.A. You may not like everything they say or have said in the past, (jack-booted thugs, etc.) they are still the most organized and feared (by anti-gun legislators) group out there, and they are fighting for YOUR rights! The reason anti-gunners fear the N.R.A. is because of their NUMBERS. Politicians are mainly preocupied with their own careers, and wouldn't worry too much about a group like NWFA (yet!) but they sure as **** worry about the pollitical ramifications of crossing the N.R.A! Right now, if you are renewing your membership, you can sign up family members for only $25.00 each. I was thinking about a life membership, but instead signed up my wife and daughter, and contributed another $25.00 membership for a soldier serving overseas. Four voices,four votes, instead of one. There is strength in numbers.

cpl holder, nra, goa and saf member and fast to contact politicans on second amendment issues you should e-mail, snail mail and call them when you see your rights threatened. By the way the second amendment foundation is the most active gun organization with the most court cases going at any time. They actually file suit anytime they see the second compromised rather than just lobby.

I'm semi-active. NRA member for thirty years; CCL holder for twenty or so. I carry almost everywhere. I'm a Left-Winger but have been rejected by all my old Leftie friends because of my insistant patriotism and support for our military. Yes, I have no Party to go to!

I DO write letters to politicians. It's easy and not painful at all, especially now with email. Just write one sentance at a time, then go back and remove half of the words---suddenly you have a good letter!

I am VERY appreciative for the creation of this Forum! We now have a great resource and rallying place!.......................elsullo :s0155:

Is "insanely active" an option???

• NRA - lifetime member
  • GOA - lifetime member
  • OFF
  • Contribute to gunsnet and NW Firearms
  • Moderator on gunsnet
  • Maintain a 2nd Amendment blog
  • Regularly write my representatives (local, state, and federal) on 2nd Amendment issues...
  • Try to get new people out shooting...

Do not take this the wrong way, as everyone is applauded for being a member of a firearms organization. However, being an active person is much more than paying your membership dues, writing letters to legislators, writing emails to friends, etc. To me it means being an activist: getting out of your house, getting organized in groups, and connecting with people on a 1:1 basis to convince them of the purpose of firearms, protecting those rights, and getting them to join you to be an activist.

Do you honestly think that the same tactics that have been used for decades, as described above, make a big difference? You have to understand who and what you are fighting to have effective tactics to "win the fight". Politicians won't stop their assault because you asked nicely, had "numbers", or even yelled and protested. The next question should be "gee why is there this CONTINUAL assault on topic X? it almost seems as if there is a plan that is being worked on for decades -- not just a series of nice coincidences and continued assault."

Join your local firearms political organization (for Oregon this would be Oregon Firearms Federation), get organized, and get truly active. If you need ideas, then talk to those that are out there doing these things. Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses, so everyone can't perform the same tasks. Everyone is needed to do something more.

fingolfen, you sound like a super active person with the tactics you are "specializing" in.

CPL, NRA member, NWF, and belong to every hunting club imaginable. I have written law makers on three occasions, persuaded 5 individuals to join the NRA... since Christmas, taken two friends to purchase their first firearm in the last three weeks, and had one friend (who joined the NRA) go down and apply for his CCP.:s0155:

Kind of sounds like the twelve days of Christmas!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top