JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Question, how many on this forum are active supporters of the Second Amendment? If you consider yourself active, then please list the memberships you have. I will use myself as an example. My wife and I both have our Concealed Carry Permits and we are members of Gun Owners of America, The JPFO, and the NRA.

The reason for posting this is to see if there are the same number of responses as there are people who read this. Im curious to see the numbers.

im a member of this site too!! does that count. And a soon to be supporting member. Other than that I am not a member of anything like the NRA. I should be though, I just started being actively interested in shooting

I am an open supporter of the whole Constitution, and firmly believe it means what it says. Not open for debate or change. I frequently exercise the second, in hopes it will not cause my deprivation of the others. I have my states (overlord) permission to carry concealed. Which is a ridiculous situation to be in anyway. Those that give it can take it away. In which case I would have to commit a crime, which a stupid card is not going to prevent if I was so inclined. And when they wan't to just have my guns; Heck, I'm on a list of CHL holders; or passed the background check for a firearm purchase. So supporting the 2A is sort of sending up a flare in the enemy camp when you'd rather be a fly on the wall. Really, who doesn't own a gun in the U.S. and not support the Second, with there own name and address?

So I'm a firm believer and supporter, if not cynical of those that support it out loud.
I'm silent on the issue most of the time, because debating it, usually ends in a compromise that then becomes a law, and chisels away at this particular right on every level. So I don't have much faith in the patriotic emotions of law makers and big pro-gun organizations striking a deal I feel comfortable with. I do support the good work the NRA does, but feel they never go all out and expose this anti-gun agenda in it's entirety. They lean way to much toward hunting rights and that stuff.
Like the Second, has anything to do with sporting in the first place. Don't get me wrong on that, but hunting and the second do not go hand in hand.

I have been looking into OFF and NRA both, but just can't seem to join the club just yet.
Still rolling it over in my mind though.

Last Edited:
Very discouraging. So far 49 views, but only 11 replies. Of those 8 are active, 1 passive but ready to step up, and 1 secret squirrel that seems to have commitment issues.

Now one could argue that no one is obligated to answer to me, which is true, I am no one special. But doesnt it illustrate the disrepair our side is in? The enemy (those that support Civilian Disarmament) are united in their view, and can be counted as being active in their beliefs. They are well financed, and their agenda serves those who would most likely become bigger tyrants if given the chance.

I hope this will encourage those that havent done so, to step up and join those that are taking the fight to enemy.

To those that are active and arent afraid to say so, I thank you. Maybe if there were more like you, we wouldnt be looking over our shoulders like we do whenever there is an election.

agreed. some of the views you are seeing is people viewing the thread more than once. I have already viewd this threed a few times to see what other people have been posting.

I must admit... I looked at the thread but didn't have time to post immediately so it took the second round for me to "step up".

Good point though about the lookie-loos. WAY too much of that in todays society. :(

I'm hoping to be more active ASAP!
When the funds are available, I'm looking to becoming an NRA member and a member here.
Also, someone should make a thread of other websites/organizations they support and the reasons why, because most that I've read in this thread, I have no idea what they are!
When I turn 21, I will also have a CHL! (Yay!)

I'm not a member of the NRA or anything, because I have no money.

But I like to find a more direct approach. When guns are banned, I'll still have mine. When Mayor Nickles was going to ban guns, we were going to open-carry and just walk around the city. Etc.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top