JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please take action to help defend and protect our Second Amendment rights!

Pro-gun Initiative 591 Protect Our Gun Rights and anti-gun Initiative 594 will be heard by the House Judiciary Committee on 1/28/14 at 1:30 PM in House Hearing Rm A, John L. O'Brien Building.
<broken link removed>

Both initiatives will also be heard by the Senate Law and Justice Committee on 1/29/14 at 1:30 PM in Senate Hearing Rm 1, J.A. Cherberg Building.
<broken link removed>

Actions you can take to make a big difference:

&#8226; Attend the Committee hearings at the times and places listed above. Large numbers of Second Amendment supporters showing up at the hearings will send a clear message to the legislators and the general public via the media that will be present. Capitol Campus map: http://www.des.wa.gov/SiteCollectionDocuments/campus-map.pdf
o Carpool if you can; there is limited parking.
o Sign-in and indicate that you SUPPORT I-591: Protect Our Gun Rights and you OPPOSE I-594. If you sign up to testify and are called, be brief, have your facts straight, and stay within your allotted time. Be professional. There should be pro-Second Amendment groups testifying; their carefully composed testimony will also represent us. Just being there will make a big difference.
o Dress appropriately (i.e. no camo, no goofy T-shirts, etc.)
o NO clapping, cheering, booing, hissing, catcalls, etc. NO SIGNS. They don't allow signs.

&#8226; Call the legislative hotline: 1-800-562-6000. Let them know that you are respectfully asking that your representatives SUPPORT I-591: Protect Our Gun Rights and OPPOSE I-594 the anti-gun initiative.

&#8226; Contact the Committees and respectfully ask them to SUPPORT I-591: Protect Our Gun Rights and OPPOSE I-594 the anti-gun initiative. Write as if you are testifying in-person: Be brief, have your facts straight, and be professional. It is best to use your own words, but your message might be something like:

I am writing to respectfully ask that you SUPPORT I-591: Protect Our Gun Rights because it is very simple and will protect our Second Amendment rights.

I am also writing to respectfully ask that you OPPOSE I-594 which is an unnecessary, over-reaching attack and burden on the rights and freedoms of law-abiding citizens; it will have no effect on criminals and do nothing to prevent the malevolent and evil acts of criminals.

House Judiciary Committee
Committee Members and Staff

Email addresses (copy and paste the list or use their individual contact pages):
[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Senate Law and Justice Committee
Committee Members & Staff

Email addresses (copy and paste the list or use their individual contact pages):
[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

We need to work together on this issue and others that are likely to come our way in the near future.

Thank you for your help.

Please pass this on to others that want to protect and defend our Second Amendment rights.

Also see the NRA-ILA article on the subject:
"Washington: "Universal Handgun Registration" Scheme to be Heard Next Week in Olympia"

Here are the links to the testimony given on both days. There were a large number of people that attended the House Judiciary hearing so many of them did not get a chance to speak. There were not as many people at the Senate Law and Justice hearing, and it appeared that all people that wanted to speak had that opportunity. In both cases, people could also submit their written testimony if they chose to do so. If you were not able to attend the hearings, it is worth your time to watch the testimony.

1-28-14
Testimony to the WA Judiciary Committee

Public: HI 591: Protect Our Gun Rights, HI 594: Universal Background Checks, HB 1561: Short Barrel Rifles
Full Video:
TVW v3

1-29-14
Testimony to the WA Senate Law and Justice Committee

Public: HI 591: Protect Our Gun Rights, HI 594: Universal Background Checks
Full Video:
TVW v3

IMO: The anti-gun crowd (supporters of I-594) continuously focus on the emotional anti-gun mileage they can get out of horrible tragedies versus drilling down to the root causes of the social ills that are the primary causes of those tragedies.

WAGR or Protect our Gun Rights ? now accepts PayPal :)

Just received the below message.
Sometimes ya have to push things a bit :D
Just made a donation to you folks up in WA, so it works.
Look on the right side of the page. Donate, it's painless.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your inquiry. We now accept PayPal.

There is a donation link now on I-591 | I-591 Protect Our Gun Rights | YES on I-591I-591 Protect Our Gun Rights | YES on I-591

Kindly,

Phil Watson

Protect Our Gun Rights

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads