JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was looking on militaryphotos.net, always check the dailys ;) and came across this photo.

15yhswm.jpg

To me that seems a little much, especially with the 203 already on the thing. Has anyone ever shot with this configuration? Seems like you would just use a standard magnifier. Is this a common practice? I just have never heard of or seen this configuration before on the military side or civilian side. Here are some additional photos that were posted of someones personal configuration.

View attachment 209682

View attachment 209683

View attachment 209684

Hopefully those military guys were not in harms way. No Magazines inserted???
Must be the chow line.

Hey buddy, get that 40mm grenade barrel away from my noggin!

Last Edited:
Looks like someone with a bolt on fetish. That setup makes absolutely no sense whats so ever.
A red dot is for speed, no magnification = larger field of view and faster target acquisition.
ACOG is for mid to long range work but can act as a red dot using the BAC with some practice.
I don't know what the math is but the ACOG turns the 1 min dot into something much larger making it more difficult to hit distant targets.
The Eotech dot pattern makes it difficult to use the reticule on the ACOG making it more difficult to hit distant targets.
Seems like one big lose over all to me.
I do own and use both on different rifles.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top