JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll add my opinion to this debate..

Keep in mind I'm as close to a militant atheist as one can get without actually being an atheist. (I'm an agnostic.)

I don't have much love for the ACLU. I don't see this memorial as a true religious symbol. Veterans constructed it to remember their fallen brothers. It is just a reminder that they lived, and fought, and died in that process. That is all. If they could have built an elaborate marble memorial or some great statue, or anything else, I'm sure they would have. They were simply putting up a memorial the best way they knew how.

To tear it down would be a disservice. I think the ACLU should get over it. If one happens to pass by it, they might bow their head and put their hands together and pray for the souls of the soldiers that died. Or if they don't believe in god, they can simply give a moment and think of the soldiers lost. Which is what the ACLU should do, and then move on.

Do they feel the injured get more respect and if so does it bother them
not at all,well at least from my point of view.The cross is out of respect for the fallen put up by the ones that came home.There is something about being in combat with the men you served with that nothing else can touch as far as feelings of trust,comradery and just plain old friendship that will last a lifetime.There isn't many people that can have a friendship like that.That to me is the whole meaning of the cross.No politics,no government,no why we were fighting,just a bond that had been broken from the loss of the physical being but replaced by another physical monument,if you will in place of the soldier.It's a thing that soldiers do,they have no other way to grieve for their losses and want to do something for the fallen.Maybe I'm just rambling but it's what I feel..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top