JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I give complete support to Posterguy, who appears to me to simply be defending the Constitution of the USA. Most of those people here hawking religious "patriotism" are in fact defiling the Constitution. Most "Christians" are never so happy as when they are shoving their religion down other people's throats, and forcing everyone to view their symbols---even in the remote desert! Anybody who complains about this is defamed as supposedly being anti-American or anti-Christian, which is exactly the opposite of reality. The USA is NOT a "Christian nation!" All religions, and lack of religion, are included here and have equal rights to be protected from interfering with each other or compelling observance of worship. That is built into the Constitution. It is the base of the brilliant design that is America, no matter which faction tries to hijack the truth!

Our Veterans fought and died to protect our freedom of religion, the freedom to choose whatever religion suits our beliefs. This is also freedom FROM religion if we feel it that way. Nobody has any right to force the observance of their religion on anyone else, and the Federal Government is REQUIRED to not endorse or support any one particular religion. It is a specious argument to claim gravestones in Federal cemetaries are included in this.

I often oppose the ACLU's cases, but I support this one: the memorial should be moved to private land, and that would not be difficult or expensive to do. I am confident that the WWI dead would not mind, and knew well that they were fighting for ALL of our rights!

Whether you call the Ultimate by a name like God, or Allah, or Jehova, or Buddha, or Ahura-Mazda, or Brahma, or Odin, or whatever---that glorious Desert Preserve speaks for the Ultimate all by itself, and needs no superflous symbols or labels to pollute and diminish its magnificence..........................elsullo

I give complete support to Posterguy, who appears to me to simply be defending the Constitution of the USA. Most of those people here hawking religious "patriotism" are in fact defiling the Constitution. Most "Christians" are never so happy as when they are shoving their religion down other people's throats, and forcing everyone to view their symbols---even in the remote desert! Anybody who complains about this is defamed as supposedly being anti-American or anti-Christian, which is exactly the opposite of reality. The USA is NOT a "Christian nation!" All religions, and lack of religion, are included here and have equal rights to be protected from interfering with each other or compelling observance of worship. That is built into the Constitution. It is the base of the brilliant design that is America, no matter which faction tries to hijack the truth!

Our Veterans fought and died to protect our freedom of religion, the freedom to choose whatever religion suits our beliefs. This is also freedom FROM religion if we feel it that way. Nobody has any right to force the observance of their religion on anyone else, and the Federal Government is REQUIRED to not endorse or support any one particular religion. It is a specious argument to claim gravestones in Federal cemetaries are included in this.

I often oppose the ACLU's cases, but I support this one: the memorial should be moved to private land, and that would not be difficult or expensive to do. I am confident that the WWI dead would not mind, and knew well that they were fighting for ALL of our rights!

Whether you call the Ultimate by a name like God, or Allah, or Jehova, or Buddha, or Ahura-Mazda, or Brahma, or Odin, or whatever---that glorious desert Monument speaks for the Ultimate all by itself, and needs no superflous symbols or labels to pollute and diminish its magnificence..........................elsullo

I agree well said,Put up the budist memorial or take down and relocate the cross.freedom of religion is also freedom from religion.
I have no problem with any religous symbol on a grave site in Arlington If the fallen was a budist then put up a budist symbol if they so desire it.

It's 75 years old and it was earned, it should be grandfathered in and left the F@#$ alone. The people it represents earned it, the people that want to take it down did not earn that right!

Sometimes people take things to far!

It is a shame that there are people whose sole purpose in life is to be offended and spend their life making a stink. If they only put as much effort into making life better for themselves instead of complaining....................

[Quote: "Sometimes people take things too far."]

You mean like some Christians, who want to force everybody to view their symbol on Federal land, and deny other religions the same access?

That is simply unconstitutional, and violates our Amendment rights. YOU MAY NOT FORCE ME TO OBSERVE YOUR RELIGION!

I don't need to "earn" any right to stick up for my constitutional rights. I was BORN with them as an American. Shall we have a nice religious war, like in Bosnia? Or will you get your religious symbols out of my face and off of Federal land?...................elsullo :cool:

That is simply unconstitutional, and violates our Amendment rights. YOU MAY NOT FORCE ME TO OBSERVE YOUR RELIGION!

QUOTE]

Not a single person is FORCING you to look at it! You act like it is being pushed down your throat. If you don't want to see it then don't. Pretty simple if ya ask me.

I don't need to "earn" any right to stick up for my constitutional rights. I was BORN with them as an American. Shall we have a nice religious war, like in Bosnia? Or will you get your religious symbols out of my face and off of Federal land?...................elsullo :cool:
How does that cross or any other religious symbol force you to observe anyone's religion?
It doesn't force me to do anything,... Except remember fondly the sacrifice others made for me. A Buddhist temple or a Star of David could do the same.
Were they Christians or Buddhists or maybe Druids? Maybe, but I am not forced to observe any religion because of a symbol. Just that people of that religion wanted to recognize the sacrifice, the same as I should.

Liberals always claim to be better educated than the "simple rednecks," but yet can't recognize others abilities.
Like the ability to just leave them alone to acknowledge a good deed and great sacrifice in their own way!

Beware the subtlety of today's tyranny.

You mean like some Christians, who want to force everybody to view their symbol on Federal land, and deny other religions the same access?

Bet your panties really get in a knot when you see these, huh ? otddh5.jpg
2lc7438.jpg

You just might be in the minority.

92% of Americans Say 'Don't Tear Me Down,' Favor Keeping Veterans Memorial at Center of Supreme Court Case !!!
http://www.militaryavenue.com/92+of...+of+Supreme+Court+Case/31486/ViewArticle.aspx
http://news.aol.com/article/92percent-of-americans-say-dont-tear-me/704788
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
http://news.findlaw.com/prnewswire/20091006/06oct20090814.html
http://libertylegal.org/Img/Barna Poll 10-2009.pdf

Without passing judgement on the nature of the shape of the war memorial and its symbolism, I will go on record to say the ACLU needs to be cleansed with fire in the same way napalm cleanses a battlefield of evil.

I would like to know who besides the aclu wants this tore down. Does it matter that it offends me if it was tore down.
I do not look at it as a religious symbol but a symbol of what men and women died for.

Freedom for practice of religion. Freedom from religion. Freedom from repression by government or by religion. Freedom to be free men without oppression. Freedom to pursue happiness. My fellow citizens of other religions than my own, I stand by your inalienable right to practice on equal footing. Poster Guy has it right. Our constitution was well written.

Freedom for practice of religion. Freedom from religion. Freedom from repression by government or by religion. Freedom to be free men without oppression. Freedom to pursue happiness. My fellow citizens of other religions than my own, I stand by your inalienable right to practice on equal footing. Poster Guy has it right. Our constitution was well written.
Ya, and 65 years ago there was the freedom to put up a war memorial out in the middle of nowhere, where only a handful knew it existed. They weren't worshiping or holding services, it was merely a symbol of remembrance and sacrifice. There it stood for over 60 years not bothering anybody, until along came a liberal.
No wonder this country is spiraling down in moral decay, this is the change we can all look forward to....:(

My religious symbols? I am an agnostic try again, and this doesn't offend me. And no if it was my choice I would just leave history the way it is and not try to please every bleeding heart crybaby out there. I would much rather show respect to the men who payed for that monument in blood.

Ya, and 65 years ago there was the freedom to put up a war memorial out in the middle of nowhere, where only a handful knew it existed. They weren't worshiping or holding services, it was merely a symbol of remembrance and sacrifice. There it stood for over 60 years not bothering anybody, until along came a liberal.
No wonder this country is spiraling down in moral decay, this is the change we can all look forward to....:(

Actually, there is no "freedom" to permanently erect whatever you want on public land. It had to be approved, which is fine. But you can't approve one religions display and deny all others. The arguement that the cross has no specific religious meaning is completely absurd. I'm having trouble finding a lot of the Constitutional Amendments that people are using for their defense. Please let me know if anybody can find the following:

The "It's over 60yrs old" amendment
The "Nobody knows it's there" amendment
The "Those guys are jerks" amendment
The "Approval of 92&#37; of Americans over rules the rights of the other 8%" amendment.

Somehow I missed these exceptions in the Constitution.

Actually, if you read the article, it IS used for religious services.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top