JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would look more at the terrain, vicinity of neighbors and then acreage. Having a good back stop and a 50yard range is better to me then 300 yards with no backstop and neighbors up the wazoo.

I suppose an effective backstop could be built.

Good points. Remember in most rural areas, houses are clustered together regardless of acreage. So look more at the setup, access, and where you'd be shooting from.

In my area, farmers are cool with sighting in a rifle occasionally or blasting a few cans on Saturday afternoon. We all have 10-30 acres or so, but houses are beside the road and within shouting distance. If I started doing full-auto, tannerite, or dumping mags just for fun, it would annoy folks and disturb the bovines. One more reason I want some suppressors. ;)

Where I have been looking have been more remote areas with between 40 and 100 acres. I was wondering though about people shooting with just 5 or 10 acres of land but I suppose, as its been said, it all would depend on the make up of the land and where the neighbors.. or cows are.

didn't know you was lookin out of state, i have some family that bought some 25acre pieces outside Lewiston Idaho, and i heard that land in texas is going for a good price.probly get a better response down there with shooting at stuff:cool:

Texas is to far south and I told myself id rather stay here then move to a border state. least a southern border state.
I have looked local but I think everyone thinks their land is sitting on a gold mine or something.

check out around shaniko OR, some places ive found aren't online or advertised, have found some good future deals just by cruising around and talking to folks. PITA for sure but sometimes you can find some really cool scenery and nice ol country folks

Texas is to far south and I told myself id rather stay here then move to a border state. least a southern border state.
I have looked local but I think everyone thinks their land is sitting on a gold mine or something.

Too bad you ruled Texas out. Plenty of moving targets down there:D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top