JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Harbor Freight

And, don't rule out the digital if you're old like me and don't have the best vision. Not to mention that the numbers photograph well.

Aloha, Mark

Harbor Freight

And, don't rule out the digital if you're old like me and don't have the best vision. Not to mention that the numbers photograph well.

Aloha, Mark

Dial's do good too. I add a photo to my online reloading ledger.
223Rem-FMJBT[1].jpg

I have a pair of the Hornady Digital Calipers and am very pleased with them. In particularly I love the auto-on/off feature. Makes the Mititoyo and Fowler ones I use at work seem inconvenient lol. My all time favorite calipers are my Brown&Sharpe dial caliper with the blackface. They are extremely smooth!

I just bought a pair of anytime dial calipers 12" for work for $65 they work great I also have two sets of mitutoyo 6"and 8" Digital I like them also but get them in 12" It was looking to be around $400 and what was nice about that anytime dial calipers it's metric and standard it wouldn't hurt to take a look at them.

[
I just bought a pair of anytime dial calipers 12" for work for $65 they work great I also have two sets of mitutoyo 6"and 8" Digital I like them also but get them in 12" It was looking to be around $400 and what was nice about that anytime dial calipers it's metric and standard it wouldn't hurt to take a look at them.
Did you get the Dual?

I have a Lyman dial caliper set and it works well enough that I use it to compare and keep my digital caliper honest. So far I have not had any discrepancies.

I have a 6" NSK dial caliper purchased in the mid 80's I use at home. At work I have an 8" Mitutoyo I bought from a friend when he "updated" to digital ages ago. I prefer the dial style because of it's pure mechanical simplicity (I prefer to not get quite as basic as a Vernier set, but I have them, too), just like a good old set of dial micrometers. The only benefit I see in the electronic digital calipers is the instant ability to switch from SAE to Metric. I used to use one for conversions because it was handy and quicker than a calculator.:D
This Anytime caliper is intriguing. If I still worked in a field that required dealing with metric measurements on copied Americano parts, I'd buy a set. I just dislike batteries in my measuring instruments.
I didn't look at any of the other calipers listed except the Hornady. It looks decent and I'd think that Hornady isn't going to sell you cheap crap.

I would check your local pawn shops and second hand stores, for a good used pair of Brown&Sharpe, or Starret calipers or 3rd choice mitutoyo. I picked up a pair of 8" Starret calipers in the box last year for $65 from a local pawn shop. ( After some cornhole got into my reloading room and stole my Mitutoyos) For serious machining I use Brown and Sharpes, for reloading etc, anything will work.

I would check your local pawn shops and second hand stores, for a good used pair of Brown&Sharpe, or Starret calipers or 3rd choice mitutoyo. I picked up a pair of 8" Starret calipers in the box last year for $65 from a local pawn shop. ( After some cornhole got into my reloading room and stole my Mitutoyos) For serious machining I use Brown and Sharpes, for reloading etc, anything will work.
That's some great advice. Sorry you had your Mitutoyos stolen.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top