JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have the option to get some Accurate 1680 to load .223

I have experience loading 9mm but .223 is a new adventure.

I would appreciate any input on people's opinions or experience with this powder.
Will be using 55 gr Bullets out of a 16" barrel.
Primary use is recreational target shooting.

Thanks

Just curious if there's is another powder you'd prefer to load with? I've got a real good selection of powders for that combo and have been looking for a pound or two of AA1680. If interested in a trade we could work something out maybe. I drive through Silverton regularly. P.S., how's Stu? I heard that hospice was brought in.

Just curious if there's is another powder you'd prefer to load with? I've got a real good selection of powders for that combo and have been looking for a pound or two of AA1680. If interested in a trade we could work something out maybe. I drive through Silverton regularly. P.S., how's Stu? I heard that hospice was brought in.
Wow!! What happened to Stu??

Personally I wouldn't use Accurate 1680 for 223 as it's not listed as a 223 powder by Accurate. A cheap reliable powder I've used for that combo is IMR4198, CFE223 and Winchester 748. There are others that are better to use but cost more.

Personally I wouldn't use Accurate 1680 for 223 as it's not listed as a 223 powder by Accurate. A cheap reliable powder I've used for that combo is IMR4198, CFE223 and Winchester 748. There are others that are better to use but cost more.
Thank you
Sent you PM

I have the option to get some Accurate 1680 to load .223

I have experience loading 9mm but .223 is a new adventure.

I would appreciate any input on people's opinions or experience with this powder.
Will be using 55 gr Bullets out of a 16" barrel.
Primary use is recreational target shooting.

Thanks
Another old reliable powder that many do not think of using but has won more bench rest shooting championships than any other powder, H322.
It's my go-to powder for accuracy using 55g JMJ's or 55-60g ballistic tips. ;)

9C98CC1F-7F46-45C1-BC2A-882F234CDA57.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top