JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody have one of these? What type of accuracy are you getting?

I have a new to me 625JM and have been putting it through the paces a bit lately. I had a mishmash of 200 gr. softball loads I used to shoot Bullseye in my 1911. They are plenty accurate in my 1911 but no so much in the revolver. I'm getting perhaps 2.5 inch 25 yard groups firing from a rest. Granted the sights are rather course for accuracy but I expected to get better. 230gr. factory and reloaded FMJ was pretty similar in group size. This is interesting as my understanding is that the rifling on this revolver is deeper than on an auto to reflect that mostly lead bullets would be used in a gun like this.

I'll be trying some more loads tomorrow primarily as I test the new trigger / spring job I did on it tonight. I'm hoping the load I'll be using will fare better.

What accuracy should I expect from this gun? Does anyone have any pet loads that have worked well? I'm hoping to work up accurate ICORE and pin shooting loads in the gun.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

I have a 1955 target, it likes WW hardball and bear creek 200gr hollow base lead round nose pushed with 231 l don't have hard numbers but l can tell you its the most accurate revolver l own

Thanks for the info. I should add I'll be looking at mostly RN bullets to speed reloads during matches. This will be a dedicated competition gun, no hunting or self-defense envisioned as I have other more appropriate tools for those purposes.

The Bullseye purposed softball .45 loads I'm shooting now sport SWC bullets. That shouldn't make a difference accuracy wise, but the shoulder on the bullet can hang on the cylinder edges and slow reloads.

This gun is set up for moon clips. My other ICORE gun I shoot in classic division ... speed loaders no moon clips allowed.

I haven't slugged this gun yet and wasn't planning on doing so for a while, especially if I can find a good shooting load. But ... perhaps I'll do that sooner than later.

I still moly coat my match Service Rifle loads since I don't want to rework a new load, at least until I shoot out my current barrel. So, I'm very familiar with black patches and black fingers from the reloading process! The small amount of mess is worth it to me in regards to ease of cleaning and lack of fouling.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top