JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wondering if anyone has loaded any Accura Outdoor bullets before? Their website says that you can use any jacketed load data. My question would be, does it matter if it's TMJ or FMJ data?

...We have found that our bullets can be loaded with any jacketed load data found in most re-loading manuals and websites. As velocities can have an extreme variance depending on brass, primer, firearm, and environmental conditions, start with a load in the middle of the published data for your caliber....

I have load data from three sources, Speer and Lyman are the same bullet all of these are using the same powder Blue Dot. As you can see the Speer and Lyman data are fairly different.

147gr 9mm

Speer Manual
TMJ
5.1 (900) - 5.8 (1000)

Lyman Manual
TMJ
5.3 (864) - 6.6 (1052)

Hornady Manual
FMJ
4.2 (750) - 5.7 (1000)
5.1 = 900

This is my first time loading bullets that I didn't have specifically listed in my manual.

Thanks

Typically no, it does not matter as long as the bullets are in fact jacketed and not just plated.

You do NOT want to load PLATED bullets to FMJ (or TMJ) upper end or top velocities.
Yep. Plated Bullets are loaded to lower velocities. Closer to lead.

Thanks guys appreciate the info. I'll do as they suggested too and start in the middle of the road (probably at the low end of the data). Trying to avoid squibs.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top