JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Like a dumbazz I dropped my can of RCBS spray case lube and broke the little stem off at the nozzle!

Well, with about a half can left I wasn't going to waste it so I relieved the rest of the air pressure out of the can, took it out to my bandsaw and cut a slot in the can to pour out the remainder.

When I did I recognized the smell but couldn't put a name to it so I queried alternative case lube and read one entry about using Mink oil!

WELL - I suddenly realized that's what the smell was but the RCBS stuff was a lot thinner and has always 'dried up' on the cases after applying but left a very thin layer.

I read on and another story told about mixing certain lubes with alcohol and putting them in a small hand sprayer to apply and I suspect this is all the RCBS stuff is.

Conclusion? I am going to make my own spray lube next time!

Like a dumbazz I dropped my can of RCBS spray case lube and broke the little stem off at the nozzle!

Well, with about a half can left I wasn't going to waste it so I relieved the rest of the air pressure out of the can, took it out to my bandsaw and cut a slot in the can to pour out the remainder.

When I did I recognized the smell but couldn't put a name to it so I queried alternative case lube and read one entry about using Mink oil!

WELL - I suddenly realized that's what the smell was but the RCBS stuff was a lot thinner and has always 'dried up' on the cases after applying but left a very thin layer.

I read on and another story told about mixing certain lubes with alcohol and putting them in a small hand sprayer to apply and I suspect this is all the RCBS stuff is.

Conclusion? I am going to make my own spray lube next time!

I read a lot of serious reloaders make their on lanolin based case lube, but I have never tried.

I read a lot of serious reloaders make their on lanolin based case lube, but I have never tried.
Lanolin and ISO have become my "go-to" lube for rifle brass. Works extremely well. Just make sure to let it dry before running up into the die, and make sure to clean it off after the brass is resized. Ive found letting it sit for too long causes it to become pretty sticky.

Welcome to the club. Just make sure the alcohol is evaporated before you size (hydraulic denting).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top