JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am in possession of 5 cc permits, one resident and 4 non-resident. Yet I am only legal to cc in 39 states. My wife and I are snowbirds and travel across country east to west and back every year as well as other travel and must abide by interstate travel laws when crossing a state where I am not legal to cc. What a joke. So my wife and I are potential victims because we are elderly.

I agree that it is ridiculous. Illinois is the state nearest to me that is a big headache. They now have CCW for residents. But flatly refuse to reciprocally recognize any out of state CCW.

I am in possession of 5 cc permits, one resident and 4 non-resident. Yet I am only legal to cc in 39 states. My wife and I are snowbirds and travel across country east to west and back every year as well as other travel and must abide by interstate travel laws when crossing a state where I am not legal to cc. What a joke. So my wife and I are potential victims because we are elderly.
You will put a few more miles in but just travel in states you can carry in. Why give money to the states that restrict your safety.

Where do you live and what permits are you holding?

An OR, WA and UT license should cover you for 42-46 states I can't remember anymore since I stopped traveling but it's most of them.

the Gun Free Scool Zone act of 1990 is the "STUPIDEST" ccw law of them all and affects anyone who travels out of their home state.

Well that's just silly....to put yourself at risk that way. WTF would you go spend your hard earned dollars in a communist state anyway?
It's nobady but your own fault you are at risk,especially if you are retired.I just stay out of states that don't take the Utah or Idaho permits.They don't deserve my money

And I say this because it seems you are bating to see who wants a nationally recognized permit.
Worst idea any gun owner ever thought of. IT WILL need to be considered by the Feds and then the wrong person will see you have a permit that lets you carry in 39 states??:eek:
Then the whole thing goes to hell.
Y'all start a movement to get a nationally recognized permit and every state will make you go to police school before you can get a permit
Then Australian laws will creep in.

If you feel vulnerable in ANY location,you probably shouldn't be there
Gun or not

It was stated, carry concealed.
Or, leave the area immediately...
Or, as stated, embrace your victimhood.
Have a nice day:)

Nevada's doesn't do much other than Nevada. They don't reciprocate with any states so not many states recognize theirs. Nevada isn't exactly a greatest gun state. They have some great things but carry in certain counties smells of california

Nevada's doesn't do much other than Nevada. They don't reciprocate with any states so not many states recognize theirs. Nevada isn't exactly a greatest gun state. They have some great things but carry in certain counties smells of california

Travelling East and West, it opens up a couple more than WA and OR. As a non-resident of Arizona, it'll get you Minnesota, Wyoming, Nebraska, Wisconsin, etc.....

It also opens New Mexico and a couple others that OR, WA and UT won't.

;)

"I am in possession of 5 cc permits, one resident and 4 non-resident. Yet I am only legal to cc in 39 states... So my wife and I are potential victims because we are elderly."

What are your chances of getting picked up and thrown in a cage because you carried in 11 states without a license? Honestly.

One of the few nice things about getting old is that you don't have to let bastards push you around any more. The most dangerous man is one with nothing to lose... Permits, and laws against carry, are tyranny. Tyrants depend on the peons self-enforcing their dictates. The biggest tyrant is in your mind.

I'm old and don't care as much anymore but not to the point I'll be having prison sex with Bubba.
I would rather just not visit those states that are unfriendly to CC.
There is plenty of other places to spend my money

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads