JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unlike Washington folks, you don't have to worry about sales tax. Les Baer's can be had new for under 2K but it'll take close to a year to get one. I have a Colt Gold Cup that has been tricked out and I just knew Uncle Les had nothing on my Colt.... WRONG! I found a used piece that they old guy never fired for $1539 so I treated myself. My Gold Cup is an awesome gun but the Thunder Ranch Special is even better and worth every cent I paid.

I took a look at the original post again because it's too friggin easy to get caught up in the discussion with what I think is best for my intended use, not what the OP is asking for. If you've read this thread, you know my preference.

Beautiful Reliable non railed plinker/BBQ GUN

Needs to be full size steel frame fixed or adj sights don't matter to me but the gun must be aesthetically easing to the eye.

Willing to spend UP TOO 2000$$ not a penny more (except for back ground check(; )

Looks like you want pretty, prestigious & quality (or perceived quality) along with being fun.

But one thing I've learned the hard way is being cheap right from the start and then having to go back and get the better product whether it be for your car your house your toys or guns usually you'll end up spending more money in the long run by not just buying the quality part or product right off the bat..

Ain't this the truth? Buy decent stuff and you will not regret it.

You want a BBQ gun that will get attention and be fun (reliable and reasonably accurate)? Well, honestly, I don't think the CBOB is flashy enough. I'm sure you could polish it up enough and all, but there's something about the word "Colt". Even people who don't know squiddly about guns know what a Colt is.

I'm sure that $14-1600 will buy you a very nice, deep blued pre-70s Colt. You won't regret that.

Another thing I'm not sure I mentioned is that want t to be extremely accurate even if I'm not accurate with it I can adjust but I want a gun that is capable of holding up to 1,000's of rounds while still being accurate, I would love to do 3 gun competitions at some point and a 1911 is my gun of preference

Another thing I'm not sure I mentioned is that want t to be extremely accurate even if I'm not accurate with it I can adjust but I want a gun that is capable of holding up to 1,000's of rounds while still being accurate, I would love to do 3 gun competitions at some point and a 1911 is my gun of preference

My '51 Colt meets the requirements I assumed you wanted and the ones you stated above. (stay away from the '40's vintage for high volume shooting)
It's not completely stock, but there were not "thousands" invested in it. Good sights, trigger, sear and hammer with a beavertail safety and a good barrel bushing on top of a bluing job that you'll have a hard time finding elsewhere. You could probably buy one similar, or buy and upgrade one to be like this for the same price range I mentioned above. Maybe a little more depending who does the work. Stocks of your choice are too easy to add.
That SOB will chew the center out of the target and chomps everything I've tried, which is everything except for wadcutters. Never tried those.

You really can't go wrong with a Sig. Mine has outshot 1911s that cost $500 more than I paid. I won't ever trade it in for a Kimber Custom or a Dan Wesson. I like mine so much I've been trying to justify (to my wife) getting a second Sig.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Yea, I've had my eye on the sig scorpion, which I really like but I really want to start off with a higher value 1911 as I will be able to get more cheaper 1911's more readily later on

There are lots of good ideas here. I bet a lot of guys (or gals) are going to "accidently" leave this thread up so their significant other can get ideas for Christmas like Ralphie putting that Red Rider BB gun ad in his mother's Saturday Evening Post. :s0114:

Lol, this would be sick!! I'll see if my Dad will let me borrow the Desert Eagle I just gave him for this.

As usual anyone wanting to shoot will need to bring their own ammo

...a Ruger 1911! They did a great job on them, and they are built built very well!

I have a friend with a straight-out-of-the-box Ruger SR1911 and that thing shoots better than almost any 1911 I ever shot, and certainly in the price range.

Don't know if his SR1911 is one-in-a-thousand or they're all like that, but IF I was looking for another 1911, the Ruger SR would be the first one I'd look for.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top