JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I stop there often at 7am to hopefully get some ammo and was very pleased to learn about there very fair policies. The guy next to me waiting was on off duty employee of that department- yes-waiting in line hoping to buy ammo. Said he never knows what is coming in and employees have no special privileges- the customers are actually first. When he is working, he can not set aside anything for himself. Manager came buy and I confirmed this with him. They not only do not know what is coming in, they can not buy or hold when working.

This is very good news and a pleasant surprise.

BTW- they had only 40 caliber and yes I purchased three boxes. They had two cases

I experienced a similar early morning at Wal-Mart last weekend in Skagit Valley. I was 9th or 10th in line because it was my first time going into Wal-Mart just for Ammo and I showed up at 7:30am. Most of the men in front of me had been there since 6:00 or 6:30. When I made it up to the counter most of the good stuff for the day was gone. At the same time 5 young male Wal-Mart employees showed up in line behind me. They had just got off the graveyard shift and were hoping there was ammo left for them to purchase. I was presently surprised that they had bottom of the barrel pickings (because of their position in line, not because of them directly) from the stock and had nothing reserved or set aside for them by the checkout clerk.
HIGH FIVE WAL-MART!

Granite they do work there every night and I am sure they get off shift on weekdays and there is no line... so I don't feel too bad about that day and them not having much left to purchase. All that being said I want to be a community of Shooters and Gun enthusiast and have no intention of pitting anyone against each other in this great community. Just glad to see a Big Box store treating everyone fairly with reasonable prices and box/day limits.

P.S. Ammunition is for feeding your gun not for decorating your basement. Use your ammo for something productive like training or a fun range day with family/friends.

Agree with your final statement. I have a match in the morning and sell off at retail with receipts, the calibers and surplus I do not need. Some folks actually work long hours and can not lurk at various stores early in the morning looking for ammo. I do understand that some folks are fearful and are buying as if there were no tomorrow. To each his(or her) own.

The guys at Walmart did say they watch out for the types that buy to resell on the internet. I have no idea how they spot those types and how they can possibly deny those folks. I very much appreciate the big stores that do not mark up ammo to take advantage. I saw several little dealers at the show last week selling those bulk(525 count) boxes of 22lr for $80.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top