JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
He was pointing out the hypocrisy of people on my side of the abortion debate and guns. I pointed out the hypocrisy of the people on his side who make it seem like they truly do care about the unborn, but once it's born, pull out the social safety net to help raise the child after it's been born. Theres hypocrisy on both sides. As someone said Pre-Born you're good to go, Pre-School you're effed.

Im a criminology major too at the #4 University in the country for earning a degree in Criminology. 6 credit hours from getting my degree should finish it up this spring.

Why are you still harping on this? While the very nature of the thread is very close to the line for this place, it was at least asking a question related to firearms, their use in a tragic event, and how we as a society find death acceptable in one instance and not another. Please stop telling me what I should or should not agree with on a strictly social issue. Yes, this thread opened a door, but you blew it wide open, taking it to a totally different level.

AMEN! My design exactly! I just want to be able to keep what I know will protect my wife and children in the event that someone who's got a screw loose comes down our long driveway and into our haven with an ill will in mind!

Why do you have to be a religious or Godly person to understand that killing children, whether in the momma's stomach or outside is a cruel act? Is that beating heart any different when it leaves the womb than when it is inside?? The biggest flaw I find in Jimmy's argument is he states people should choose the size of their families. So, can this extend to killing a child who has proved to be a burden to you? I mean don't we know more about the child after it is born than before its born? Who knows that child you aborted may have proved to be the greatest person you ever knew. That same child you aborted may have been the one paying your bills and supporting you when you are old, injured or sick. But, you never know because you killed this living creature. Yes, it is a living being, you don't have to call it a human if you don't want, but this entity that was butchered had a heart, a brain and in my opinion, a soul. It was a living creature that was exterminated.

I am speaking of ethics here, not of religion at all. What is this society coming to , that we forget the most basic right of every religious or non-religious human being , called Life! Love comes second.

Our society has a sick double-standard.. We cry in anguish over children dying at this school, but close our eyes to the murders of millions of murdered pre-born human beings.. This is not a religious issue, but a human issue.

And, using the innocent children murdered at Sandy Hook as a platform to strip law abiding citizens of their gun rights just proves how insensitive, cold-hearted and ruthless the human race has become in this day and age. Every politician in this country cares first and foremost about his power.

My only respect for some of the religious right is that they have some incentive to do good works in the name of something else than themselves. That is more than I can say about Obama and his self-righteous band of narcissists. Do I support politicians enforcing their religious beliefs on people?? NO! Do I have to be a religious Christian or Jew to understand that killing children is wrong? Is crying against the bloodshed of innocents a religious issue?? No.. It's a human issue!!!

Dude we got plenty of people in this country. Human's are like rabbits these days. Besides the legal system declared Abortion as a privacy issue between a woman and her doctor. If it were murder it would be prosecuted as such, as it sits now, it doesnt qualify as murder. A cluster of zygote cells the size of this "." doesn't qualify as a human being in any jurisdiction in this country. They tried doing that in the reddest state in the Union, Mississippi, and it got struck down.

I find it immoral to force a woman to dangerous methods for getting an abortion as the only way to get one if she's planning on getting one come hell or high water as opposed to having it done by a qualified medical doctor in a sanitary medical office.

And as Tupac said that since men can't create babies themselves, they have no right to tell a woman when and where to create one. Not saying he's an authority on the issue, but he makes a solid point.

Outrage grows after death of woman denied life-saving abortion - CBS News

Heres an example of medical murder in a country that outlaws abortion. THe woman required a life saving abortion in order to live. Doctor's denied her it because it was against the law, now neither the fetus or the mother lives because she's dead. Abortion can be a legitimate medical procedure to save the life of the mother. If you outlaw it in every form, women will die.

Why do you have to be a religious or Godly person to understand that killing children, whether in the momma's stomach or outside is a cruel act? Is that beating heart any different when it leaves the womb than when it is inside?? The biggest flaw I find in Jimmy's argument is he states people should choose the size of their families. So, can this extend to killing a child who has proved to be a burden to you? I mean don't we know more about the child after it is born than before its born? Who knows that child you aborted may have proved to be the greatest person you ever knew. That same child you aborted may have been the one paying your bills and supporting you when you are old, injured or sick. But, you never know because you killed this living creature. Yes, it is a living being, you don't have to call it a human if you don't want, but this entity that was butchered had a heart, a brain and in my opinion, a soul. It was a living creature that was exterminated.

I am speaking of ethics here, not of religion at all. What is this society coming to , that we forget the most basic right of every religious or non-religious human being , called Life! Love comes second.

Our society has a sick double-standard.. We cry in anguish over children dying at this school, but close our eyes to the murders of millions of murdered pre-born human beings.. This is not a religious issue, but a human issue.

And, using the innocent children murdered at Sandy Hook as a platform to strip law abiding citizens of their gun rights just proves how insensitive, cold-hearted and ruthless the human race has become in this day and age. Every politician in this country cares first and foremost about his power.

My only respect for some of the religious right is that they have some incentive to do good works in the name of something else than themselves. That is more than I can say about Obama and his self-righteous band of narcissists. Do I support politicians enforcing their religious beliefs on people?? NO! Do I have to be a religious Christian or Jew to understand that killing children is wrong? Is crying against the bloodshed of innocents a religious issue?? No.. It's a human issue!!!

I won't deny that I am a Christian. It always bewilders my friends and sometimes my family when I insist on taking a Pro-Life stand without using the religious overtones. As far as I am concerned, the argument doesn't need it. It stands on its own. With that said, I am going to bow out of this thread, as I have already said more than I wanted to, or probably even should have. This thread in my mind, is a perfect illustration of some the issues we face as a country. Much to big a topic for this time and place.

I'm a Criminologist and I know a whole heck of a lot better than that.

I'm surprised by the fact that you went to school, since none of your comments give me any basis to believe you've received even a highschool diploma. Either way, saying "I'm smarter than you" is a bad way to win arguments.

Isn't the whole...
Then they proceed to FORCE it upon the rest of us - HOW SELFISH, HOW VERY SELFISH ARE PEOPLE WHO ACT TO TAKE AWAY THE FREEDOMS OF ANOTHER BECAUSE THEY HAVE SOME WARM AND FUZZY IDEA IN THEIR PERVERTED HEADS!
Plainly put, this is the destruction of society: Step outside of the standards and limitations that were designed to aide humankind in being successful at being free!
exactly what you're doing? I mean, as pro-choice just the right for a woman to choose? What you're doing is exclaiming that you want the government to be able to forcefully impose it's rules onto citizens. Pro-choice is letting a woman get an abortion if she wants, or going through with a pregnancy if she doesn't. Pro-life is forcing people to do things your way whether they want to or not. Don't give me some BS "how can you be a pro-gun liberal", that argument makes no sense and and has no better arguments than that you don't like me (which really rustles 0 jimmies), and then go say "I want less goverment [blah blah blah] Government can't tell me to buy healthcare [blah blah blah] Those women better not do something with their bodies that is really an issue between them and their doctors if I don't like it!"

Seriously, get your stories straight. Or if you want to just be ignorant and your only stance is hating people who don't think like you, at least make that publicly known.

Last Edited:
Badmotel, I appreciate you liked my post, but theres no need to call people we disagree with a "botched abortion". Personally I think this thread is going to get locked, and Im gonna get an infraction for even debating the manner, since its clearly a divisive issue on the forum.

We aren't going to settle the abortion debate right here in this thread right now, in fact, I don't think it was an issue that was ever meant to be solved.

I like talking about it, because I have strong feelings on the matter, but I would hope that all us gun lovers on here can respectfully agree to disagree at the same time. Really the people like 180gr40 who lean right in the political spectrum should be happy that there are people who lean to the left and also love the 2nd amendment. I don't associate with liberals that are against the 2nd amendment. I have some super-liberal grandparents and relatives. I love them, but the topic of guns came up amongst us, and how they thought they should be restricted severely. I broke it down like this.

"Somebody breaks into your house. You don't have a gun. How are you gonna shoot him?" I still haven't heard a solid answer or solution to that question and I've been using that line for years.

edit: If guns don't make you safer, why do we surround Obama with them? And why does Obama think its ok for his family to be guarded 24/7 by men with guns but he doesn't think us civilians should be allowed to do the same for our families?

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads