JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Me too! Try Google "ABC News/Washington Post Poll: Highest Opposition Ever to 'Assault Weapons' Ban"

Authored by AWR Hawkins of Breitbart 12/16/ 2015

I hope that does it. tkdguy

Here's a chart that went with the original ABC story. I'm assuming it's skewed towards the anti gun side as the original support was a whopping 80% vs 18% opposed.

As skewed as it is it still shows the majority is fed up with this BS.

upload_2015-12-16_23-22-14.png

Pinch me??? Is this really true???? An about face, it only took 21 years...

Has the tide really turned? We need to use this information to educate our legislators...

But more importantly, we need to clog up Salem every time they attempt to attack our 2nd amendment rights...

#2ndAdmendmentRightsMatter

My guess is this is a direct result of the HUGE increase in Black rifle ownership. Prior to 1994 when attending gun shows in Portland for instance. At a 1000 table show there might be 4-5 that had SKS AK type rifles (and no one was much interested in them) another 1/2 dozen that had a couple AR type rifles (very limited interest even at the price of $500-600 for a Colt made rifle). As soon as the second best gun salesman in history (The Rapist Clinton) started talking BAN the Black rifles more then3 tripled in value and the demand went insane, everyone had to have one.

Now days it seams like the majority of people interested in firearms are also interested in Black Rifles. So it only goes the reason that since 1994 the number of people opposed to a Ban on Black Rifles would increase.

Just an observation from someone who attended a couple gun shows a month from the late 60's through a few years ago.

My guess is this is a direct result of the HUGE increase in Black rifle ownership. Prior to 1994 when attending gun shows in Portland for instance. At a 1000 table show there might be 4-5 that had SKS AK type rifles (and no one was much interested in them) another 1/2 dozen that had a couple AR type rifles (very limited interest even at the price of $500-600 for a Colt made rifle). As soon as the second best gun salesman in history (The Rapist Clinton) started talking BAN the Black rifles more then3 tripled in value and the demand went insane, everyone had to have one.

Now days it seams like the majority of people interested in firearms are also interested in Black Rifles. So it only goes the reason that since 1994 the number of people opposed to a Ban on Black Rifles would increase.

Just an observation from someone who attended a couple gun shows a month from the late 60's through a few years ago.

I think you're on the right track. It could easily be said that the AR was not ubiquitous in 1994, you really couldn't say so today. It's hard to find estimates, but the numbers range from 5 to 9 million AR rifles in America today, and it appears most of those were purchased in the last 10 years, tops. With that rapid growth, it must be becoming obvious to casual observers that these once mysterious "military style" rifles, aren't the threat they've been told. Likely, many people who had never seen, handled or fired one 20 years ago, have done so now, and have seen for themselves, that they are just a tool, one that is no more dangerous than any other firearm.

I've see folk's minds changed about them. I've had mine out in front of relatives that were terrified at the idea of their very existence, only to have those fears very much subside when they have a chance to see one in person, to handle it, to understand how it works.

You're right about Clinton and his like too, one thing about Americans, if they have a right to do something and you tell them you're going to take that right away, even if they weren't exercising that right, they're very likely to extend you a middle finger and start exercising that right just to spite you. Honestly, even 5 years ago, I had no plans to own an AR (I have had an SKS for 20 years), but between Clinton, Obama, Pelosi and others, I bought my first one, and it most certainly won't be my last. I like to think I'm helping to do my part to 'normalize' the existence of these very fine, and useful tools.

I have to confirm the impression about gun shows. Prior to Clinton, AR-15's were definitely a sideshow, a minority of tables. No longer...

I bought 3 stripped lowers as soon as Clinton said I shouldn't have one, along with an Olympia Arms AR-15 (not much choice back in those days). In fact I have a general tendency, whatever politicians don't like, makes me want to do it.

Keep in mind, on those polls, it really depends strongly on how the question is framed. We don't know (or do we?) that they asked the same question all those years.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top