JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Makes me think of the movie wag the dog about how a president had someone spin a fake war to cover up a sex scandal.

Which coincidentally came out just before Clinton's sex scandal with Lewinsky and then the bombings of a pharma in Sudan.
Strange things happen sometimes, when cinema hits a little too close to reality.
Remember the Tom Hanks movie "That thing you do"?
The drummer and the girl he ended up with had a music studio out on Bainbridge Island (even said so in the movie).
About a year before the movie came out, that studio burned to the ground in a huge fire that made the 11 O'clock news.
Local lore says they settled with the insurance company pretty quickly and immediately moved back to California.
…..always found that train of events just a little.....odd.

Dean

They apologized on Twitter. That's hardly adequate. When they broadcast a lie, they should broadcast the apology.

^^^

THIS! Thank you.

When I read that it was KNOB CREEK, KY the other day - I was like - another day - another lie.

My MT husband read it on a conservative news website.

My MT husband and I have never been to KNOB CREEK but we knew some people who did get to shoot there.

Two of the three are now dead. They were older men. We are senior citizens too.

Cate

^^^

THIS is true.

I was against the unpatriotic PATRIOT ACT.

I was against the NDAA. The NDAA is not a good act! (The mileage radius from the Canadian border stopped me from buying a piece of land up north in MT and in ID (ID Panhandle.) too. Other things bothered me in the NDAA too.)

I am against the RED FLAG LAWS too.

I have written about it and stated it in person.

I think that some people only go by CNN or FOX news snippets and don't see or read what ALL of these laws, acts, bans, etc. even mean to the public and to the Constitution of the US of A. So if a R was for it - they are for it. Vice versa for a D depending on the act or law.

It was like that Obama care deal - you had to PASS IT to find out what was IN it! Plus the $$$$$!!!!! cost figures were wrong! Why? Because they/Congress allowed the insurance industry and BIG PHARMA to dictate to them!
Geesh!

They did that with the Patriot Act and many, many other things in X amount of years. So it is not all tinfoil.

Propaganda has been going around from all sides of the political spectrum for a long, long time unfortunately.

Cate

I just finished reading, "ZOO", a book by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge. Patterson is one of my favorite mystery and detective story writers, but I should have been a little suspicious when I saw he had a, "Co-Author" and that CBS was going to make a mini-series out of the story.

The story is a quite gory account of the end of the world as we know it. All of the male animals on the planet turn against humans and start to slaughter them. The story goes on to tell how this change in the animals is caused by, "Carbon emissions in the atmosphere being changed into pheromones by high
frequency cell phone emissions". (HuH?) Ater a number of, "Messy Vignettes", the surviving humans are driven into the arctic, where they are finally safe due to the scarcity of animals.

I guess the
Leopard seals,Arctic Fox, Whales, etc. didn't prove a problem.

I think the story line was submitted by A.O.C., her, "Green Gang," and the DNC, as it contains most of the Leftist, Global propaganda being aired on the MSM today. I look for the coming
attractions to be aired over and over again for the next several months. Hilary may even use it in her, "Why I lost" tour.

Last Edited:
Fake news and propaganda TV is taking hold of a lot of people. I recently listened to someone carry on, upset about how we are losing our right to free speech, how they are trying to take our guns and confiscating guns without due process (RedFlag). They then went on to blame this all on President Trump and Republicans in the white house. This person has voted for all our favorites, ferguson, inslee, etc. 'the good guys". It seems they mostly get their info from stephen colbert, jimmy kimmel , SNL, the view and a couple local news programs , like ABC.

I often wonder about these people's consciences. They have to know they're lying. It's not a mistake. Do they not stop to ask themselves, "If I have to lie to bolster my position, then why do I hold my position?"?

My belief has always been "argue to get to the truth" not "argue to win." If you know the truth isn't on your side, then you have no business in the conversation.

Last Edited:
I often wonder about these people's consciences. They have to know they're lying. It's not a mistake. Do they not stop to ask themselves, "If I have to lie to bolster my position, then why do I hold my position?"?

My belief has always been "argue to get to the truth" not "argue to win." If you know the truth isn't on your side, then you have business in the conversation.
Didnt one of the talking heads get caught on camera saying something like "we make the news, not report them!"?

I can't take credit for finding this one; someone else did and put it in the humor thread. But it is germane to this thread. :s0112:

EG8OFIrUEAAZKVY.jpg

... (A) They have to know they're lying. It's not a mistake. (B) Do they not stop to ask themselves, "If I have to lie to bolster my position, then why do I hold my position?"? ...

A: Yes they know.
B: No they do not ask that. That isn't how propagandists work. They ask themselves: "will enough people believe this lie to make it worth telling?"

My belief has always been "argue to get to the truth" not "argue to win." If you know the truth isn't on your side, then you have no business in the conversation.

"The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media." William Colby.

They are paid, professional liars, not investigative journalists. Just like our politicians.

Yah, this managed to take yellow journalism / fake news BS to a new level.

Oh please,.... how about SeeBS "Guns of Autumn" (and most of the "60 Minutes" shows for the last 10-15 years). NBC "GM pickup blows up when rear ended (provided the gas tank is wired with explosives)". CNN "full auto bolt action rifle"/"full auto revolver" (well actually I always wanted one of each, never seem to find them outside of demonrat rallies). NYC mayor (all scum, hard to figure out which one as they all are slime) "This knifing proves me need more gun control!" (yes, really). The catholic kids who "attacked" the indian beating on his drum (turns out the indian attacked them, but they were smeared. Sued teh "media" for a few million, haven't heard since). The guy from the Boston Marathon bombing who had nothing to do with it, but got smeared. The... , well you get the point.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top