JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can't speak for nationwide, but the Philadelphia's elected DA has actually proclaimed that there is no uptick in criminal violence in Philadelphia. That's a pretty surprising thing to say, given Philly's record-breaking homicide tally.

Well, explains the DA, it's because all other violent crimes (except for armed robbery) actually show a decline over previous years' statistics. Yeah, I love it. Across all the stats, it's a wash - flat - no increase at all! Full pause. OK, the motivation for the DA's argument is understandable, given that he's probably a tad bit defensive about what's been happening on his watch.

But, is there even any real support for his argument at all. Are those other crimes really down, or is that statistical decline simply misleading? I could only vote for "really down" if I ignore that crime statistics correlate best with what the cops are doing, rather than with what the criminals are doing. In this case, there's little room to argue that police "stats" are inescapably impacted by lack of administration support, department morale problems, force reductions (defunding, and officers escaping to other departments or early retirement), and diminishing 911 calls because "what's the use of calling?" (if the cops don't show up, or if BLM convinced me I'll get shot 'cause I'm BIPOC, or if the DA won't prosecute, or if the sentence will be only a slap on the wrist anyway).

So, my vote goes to "misleading"; there are just too many real-world variables that can combine to artificially lower those "all other" crime stats in spite of what's really happening on the streets of Philadelphia. I think the Philly DA is treading water and grasping at straws. However, I wouldn't be surprised to hear the DA's argument regurgitated by other big city administrations in the next couple of months.

Then run for election on the promise to clean up the mess, that they made:confused:
It's called 'riding to your own rescue.' Congress has refined the role to perfection; state and city politicians emulate whatever messaging works for re-election. And none of the politicians suffers a sense of responsibility for those outcomes as their moral/ethical backbone is as flexible as a noodle.

What a propogandist piece of garbage. I would bet my next year's income that most or all of those police officials interviewed gave a root cause answer that was conveniently omitted due to it clashed with ABC's political bias.
It is a pretty worthless serving of word salad. Just a space filler. Did you notice how everything is framed in the passive voice, as if things "just happen"? No real analysis. No attribution of responsibility. Not worth reading.

That's why we keep trying it over and over again. Surely this time it will be done "right". :s0054:
1640046206536.jpeg

If the people as a majority don't start demanding change, I hope it doubles next year. Not that I wish death upon anyone, but stupidity has to have a steep price.
Oh, there's PLENTY of people that I wish death upon…. A slow, terrifying death at that.

They're all in for the shiete as soon as I find some genie in a bottle and get my three wishes!

:s0118:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads