JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does the media term criminal acts of stabbings or slashings as "knife violence?"

Does the media term intentional criminal acts of bad actors using motor vehicles to run down innocent people as "car violence?"

Does the media term use of explosive devices (i.e., the Boston Marathon Bombing) as "explosives violence?"

How about the recent video of people getting the snot beaten out of them on the streets of Brooklyn, et al? Did the media headlines read "Fist violence" or "Foot Violence?"

The use of a modifier preceding the word "violence" can be construed as implying the gun caused the violent act.

So -- let's not buy into this artificial construct and let the media frame the acts of criminals.

It's VIOLENCE. What tool is used, should not matter.

We are letting the antis indoctrinate the masses with the concept that it's the guns that create the ills from which our society suffers.

Stop it, now!
No U

Rrrrright......
So.......do we really want The CDC and/or any other Govt. org. spending taxpayers money studying, "The Gun Violence Issue"?

LOL.....maybe we need to spend a few million dollars and say two years or so.....on just the definition first?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I have a better Idea - why don't we all just get out and shoot - paper, gongs or kill pinecones like I do and post range reports, pics of shooting etc. - and quit continually rehashing the negativity of what we see in the news ?

Just a thought.....
BORING!!!

Why don't we quit trying to control/influence what members talk/beotch/vent about? Sigh. Venting is a release. Don't like it, move on.

MEDIA IS Propaganda every hour of every day, turn it off and go back to living. :s0093:
Turn off ALL electronic devices if you/we/I want to go back to living.

Mainstream media usually has a few quips about climate change when giving their opinion on the weather. Usually about 4 an hour all day long.
If DGUs are "gun violence", then weather is "climate change".

The same could be said about vehicles and yet we have...
Vehicular assault
Vehicular homicide
:s0092:
Firearmicular homeycide??? ;)

It's all about clicks these days. If the media runs a gun control story the hate mail is worth the clicks to them. Same reason they keep talking about Mr. Trump even though he's been gone (and de-platformed) since January. Don't even get me started on the autistic guy in the Viking hat that nearly "destroyed democracy"...

I'm glad this community is being vigilant though... It is exhausting but we need to do it. In this era of "headline readers" all it takes is one (1) stupid idea to germinate in people's heads. Bottom line there is a lot of stuff killing people and shortening lives out there. Stress, for one. But the intelligentsia hates us, and that's the difference.

No doubt that our language and the "common usage" of certain words has changed over time. So then....today, we have to, mostly thanks to the News Media (NOT).....just deal with it.

Migrants = Illegals
Child = young person sometimes even those up to 25 years old
Investments = Tax money given to certain people/groups w/the intent to "buy them off"
Un-licensed Dealer = A person who operates w/o a Pharmacy Lic. (aka: Drug Dealer)
Fully Automatic = Semi-automatic
Assault Rifle and Assault Weapon = Usually a semi-auto AR15 rifle, though could include any "scary looking rifle"
Weapon of Mass Destruction and Weapon of War = Any rifle that looks like it's used by a military (even semi-auto ones)

Yup.....the language, due to the common mis-usage and re-definitions has been written.

And don't forget about, "gender-neutral pronouns". Yeah, even The Congress has bowed when writing legislation.

Aloha, Mark

PS....and don't forget about what the News Media leaves out.

Example :
The suspect was described as a possible black male , 5'10" tall, etc....etc....
Instead we get. The suspect is a possible male, 5'10" tall, etc.....etc....
BUT.....if the suspect were a white male. Of course it will be mentioned.

Though.....speaking about "gender neutral". Perhaps, the mention of "male" should be/will be soon omitted from a suspect's description too?
Democrat_Restroom.png
And.....calling someone "post op" or "pre op" is just too ________.
stop-stop.jpg

Last Edited:
MEDIA IS Propaganda every hour of every day, turn it off and go back to living. :s0093:
Why challenge data when the mainstream media tells you everything you NEED to know? They are so smart they even have experts to tell you what happened, after the fact. CNN once had a firearms expert on that didn't know why anyone needed an AR15. Thats the kind of knowledgeable expert people can rely on.

Current experts on mainstream TV tend to be good wordsmiths that know how to stay on narrative, I mean point, and not cloud issues with unnecessary facts. Otherwise people get held up with thoughts that lead to questions many label as conspiracies. Who needs that?

I think you missed my point. None of the major news networks or print media typically lead with, nor inundate us with op-eds screaming about the epidemic of vehicular violence nor try to tell us that vehicular vuolence is a public health crisis or that the motor vehicles themselves are somehow responsible for this issue. Nor are we told that we must get these killing devices off the streets.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top