JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fake news and propaganda TV is taking hold of a lot of people. I recently listened to someone carry on, upset about how we are losing our right to free speech, how they are trying to take our guns and confiscating guns without due process (RedFlag). They then went on to blame this all on President Trump and Republicans in the white house. This person has voted for all our favorites, ferguson, inslee, etc. 'the good guys". It seems they mostly get their info from stephen colbert, jimmy kimmel , SNL, the view and a couple local news programs , like ABC.
You post has a feel of truthiness about it. I liked Stephen Colbert sooo much but he's just another talking head for the establishment. When I started my path towards finding some snippet of truthful understanding, I had to turn off all the MSM clutter. It fills the mind until there's no room for truth to enter.

You're right about people. Few are able or willing to actually apply themselves and study an issue in depth. I lose respect for lazy-brained people. They're easily used by bad guys.

This issue with poor journalism isn't new here. The 1st president that complained about fake news:

"Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle." -Thomas Jefferson

Actually I believe Geo. Washington was our first Prez, but that was from a public indoctrination center, laughingly called a "school", and before I got a classical education. Thomas Jefferson was Prez after him, and probably the best Prez this country ever had.

No matter where I go, it seems that most people don't know that most cities have buildings hidden away from the stupid, called "libraries" where you can actually go and look this stuff up for yourself! They even have people that you can call and they will look it up for you! I mean WOW! Of course even these are watered down now, for example "Fact On File" before 1954 (I think, need to check, many be 1964) list what the Boston Tea Party thugs were throwing in the harbor was opium, NOT tea! The Brits had such good luck with opium in China they figured they would import it here too! To be PC they had to changed it to tea.

Go look up the Life mag from 1918-1919-1920 and read them and Life from 1942-1943 (the letter to the editor section), 1945-1946 and read them as well. Makes interesting reading! Look at what the Smithsonian put out in the 1900-1930s and what they put out now! Night and day! Read a "news" paper from 1880-1900 (keep in mind the line from "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence" - When given the choice between publishing the myth or the truth, print the myth! OK, close enough anyway). and one from 1980-2000. Way back when you were expected to be educated and intelligent and THINK for yourself! Now you are considered an idiot (a medical term, and one not far off from what I see and deal with everyday) and spoon feed idiotic BS which the stupid slurp up. Look at the 6th grade test to get passed into the higher grades and see if any college grads can pass it now. No I am NOT kidding about that! Or the 8th grade, or graduate from High School.

Actually I believe Geo. Washington was our first Prez, but that was from a public indoctrination center, laughingly called a "school", and before I got a classical education. Thomas Jefferson was Prez after him, and probably the best Prez this country ever had.

No matter where I go, it seems that most people don't know that most cities have buildings hidden away from the stupid, called "libraries" where you can actually go and look this stuff up for yourself! They even have people that you can call and they will look it up for you! I mean WOW! Of course even these are watered down now, for example "Fact On File" before 1954 (I think, need to check, many be 1964) list what the Boston Tea Party thugs were throwing in the harbor was opium, NOT tea! The Brits had such good luck with opium in China they figured they would import it here too! To be PC they had to changed it to tea.

Go look up the Life mag from 1918-1919-1920 and read them and Life from 1942-1943 (the letter to the editor section), 1945-1946 and read them as well. Makes interesting reading! Look at what the Smithsonian put out in the 1900-1930s and what they put out now! Night and day! Read a "news" paper from 1880-1900 (keep in mind the line from "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence" - When given the choice between publishing the myth or the truth, print the myth! OK, close enough anyway). and one from 1980-2000. Way back when you were expected to be educated and intelligent and THINK for yourself! Now you are considered an idiot (a medical term, and one not far off from what I see and deal with everyday) and spoon feed idiotic BS which the stupid slurp up. Look at the 6th grade test to get passed into the higher grades and see if any college grads can pass it now. No I am NOT kidding about that! Or the 8th grade, or graduate from High School.

Lol, I see how that looks, now. Yes, Thomas Jefferson was the 3rd elected president, but the first that I am aware of that complained publicly about fake news. That's what I meant.

Look at the 6th grade test to get passed into the higher grades and see if any college grads can pass it now. No I am NOT kidding about that! Or the 8th grade, or graduate from High School.
What I should have said was "Look at the 6th grade test/8th grade test/high school grad test from 1900-1920's". Sorry about that.

Will Rogers said "the people who read newspapers are only slightly less informed compared to those who don't".

Also (as an aside), ignorant and stupid are completely different. Ignorant means "not educated", "stupid" means "unwilling or unable to be educated". My brother is stupid. He CAN learn, he simply refuses to be. Someone told him "ignorance is bliss", and he set out to be the most blissful person on earth. Of course like 99% of what we are told, taught, hear, think we know, that is only the half "they" (a nebulous term at best. Actually there IS a "them/they", but see what happens to you if you tell someone who "they" actually are, complete with documentation! Just proves my point here) want you to know/hear. "Ignorance is bliss" actually is "IF ignorance is bliss, it would be folly to be wise!" Like everyone says "curiosity killed the cat", but not the second half which is "satisfaction brought her back".

And to get back to George and who was the first Prez, he was actually the third, or fifth, depending on who you want to consider the first Prez. Britain appointed a Prez for the Americas, the Continental Congress appointed a Prez during the war, and George was the first elected Prez after the war. Spain appointed a couple as well for the New World as well. Take your pick.

Do any of you remember one of the many books about JOHN ADAMS?

Do any of you remember the dvd series called JOHN ADAMS?

We donated our JA video series to the library a few years ago.

I normally do not care for most (95%) of what the boob tv set carries on OTA = over the air for free or for paid shows/movies.

With that said, I did enjoy this John Adams series even if it may not have been absolutely accurate when it came to HISTORY. My husband bought the NIB dvd set on sale in one of our local now closed (!) video stores.

We liked the actors in the series too! One of them does a lot of BRITISH shows (On PBS.) but his name escapes me now. Sorry about that! Paul G. was excellent as JOHN ADAMS! He and his wife were very, very good as a 'couple' especially when they vented back and forth as a married couple and as independent thinkers.

The parts of the series where John Adams and his wife are complaining about the news in various newspapers while Thomas Jefferson does the same thing back to them cracked me up when it came to NEWS even in those days!

Cate

...for example "Fact On File" before 1954 (I think, need to check, many be 1964) list what the Boston Tea Party thugs were throwing in the harbor was opium, NOT tea! The Brits had such good luck with opium in China they figured they would import it here too! To be PC they had to changed it to tea....

No it was tea. Really. Look at my avatah.

Heavily taxed (taxation without representation), tea. The tax was the Tea Act.

There's, however, some speculation that the colonists were actually paying LESS for there tea, than the tea purchased in Britain.

They still lacked representation over such, and also would have had no idea what the actual tea market price was back there in real time.

Roundabout a million dollars worth of it, if converted to today dollars.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top