JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not exactly competitive shooting, but the people that watch
this forum are probably the ones that will find it of interest:

ABC House fundraiser match, this coming Saturday 6-15 at ARPC.
Combo of USPSA and Speed Steel stages, fun and for a
good cause. $50 gets you entry, BBQ lunch, and a chance
at the prize table. Match day sign-up OK, or here is a
linky to the registration page:

13th Annual ABC House Benefit Shooting Match

This is one of the most fun matches to shoot! OP forgot to mention raffles for guns. Prizes are given out randomly, so you don't have to be a great shooter. New shooters are welcome, and this is a very laid back match to introduce them to.

I will be there.

I might be interested in catching ride with someone if they are headed down from Portland. I am in Western Portland/Hillsboro area.... wont know if I can go until Friday...

Being new to "competitive" shooting, what should a person bring to participate, other than the usually safety equipment?

Couple hundred rounds of ammo (more if you miss a lot).
An appetite--the BBQ is good stuff!
Patience and a sense of humor--it's a fun match for a good cause.
Quite a few of the participants do not shoot often, and the pace
is a bit slower than you might be used to. Figure on being there
until 5 PM or so.

In the past they have had donuts in the morning, and water on all
stages. Bring a few extra bucks for a match T-shirt--

Okay... I'm interested, but never shoot other than Mil Qual style.
I Have disability issues running or quick maneuvering. That said: Basic questions such as type of guns ( Sig, Beretta...) , ball ammo ok? And other helpful stuff to make it work for my first event.
Thx for the heads up!

Just looked up rule and data on firearms / ammo. But mobility?

Okay... I'm interested, but never shoot other than Mil Qual style.
I Have disability issues running or quick maneuvering. That said: Basic questions such as type of guns ( Sig, Beretta...) , ball ammo ok? And other helpful stuff to make it work for my first event.
Thx for the heads up!

Just looked up rule and data on firearms / ammo. But mobility?

Click the link above and call Travis.

There probably is movement, but no one is required to run, walking from target to target is fine. Its a fun match, so everyone is welcome and there are lots of shooters that this is their first match.

I shot this match last year and is by far the most fun match I shoot. My little brother wants to shoot a competition and this is a great first match. The only problem is... he doesn't have a handgun. So we'll have to share my XDM, because I don't have enough mags/pouches for anything else. Wonder if I should charge him for my reloads? :cool:

I made the top 50. Actually #50. Stage 6, shoot 5 on steel ~7 yards then 5 on paper at 25 yards, reload and repeat two more times, screwed me up a bit-a miss on the last steel! DOH! Had a great time with my oldest daughter and got some cool swag too! BTW the BBQ was outstanding!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top