JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think I'm confusing barrel length and gas system length and the A2 rifle stock.

As in, you don't need to use a rifle length gas system to be able use an A2 stock as long as the correct buffer and spring are used.

Is that about right?

Cool.
For some reason I was under the assumption that a rifle length gas system was needed.
I think it was the carbine (collapsible) stock and A2 rifle stock descriptions that had me thinking they were dependent on gas system length ie: carbine and rifle.

The A2 buttstock system has been effectively used with shorter than rifle length gas systems, although it wouldn't appeal to me, personally.
The A2 buttstock system does not have the array of buffer weights that the carbine (telestock) buttstock system has.
With the A2 you have the rifle receiver extension (buffer tube), the rifle buffer and the rifle spring.

I like the A2 buttstock and have it on a 20" rifle.
For shorter gas systems, I prefer the carbine buttstock system.

Now I have to go out shooting again and see how it works out.
By then my new hearing protection will be here along with the rest of the .308 parts.

So far shouldering it feels a lot better and more natural to me over the Magpul MOE SL stock that I put on it.
Which is a pretty snug stock as far as collapsible stocks go.

mba (2).jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top