JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys,

Being new to the AR world I didn't realize the involvement in mounting an A2 style front sight base. I ordered the barrel and sight... And was surprised to see that the sight isn't drilled for the pins. Since then I have learned (do your home work first!) that front sight posts need to be matched to the same barrel that they'll be installed on. During installation the gun smith will mount, drill and taper the sight and barrel together to guarantee a perfect match. My dilemma is I can't find any body locally who does it. Revelation Arms in Aloha isn't set up for this procedure nor is Curt at Discount Shooters Supply in Milwaukee. Rev. Arms recommended ADCO as have several other people I have talked to. They want $130 to install their A2 sight on your barrel or $90 to install your FSB on your Barrel. I'd prefer not to ship my barrel/FSB out of state plus pay $90 minimum for this job. If anyone knows a shop locally who can do this I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

Tim

There's a guy who works for Rob Heller, at Tactical Ammunition . com, Jason, who could probably do that. They are out in St. Helens.

He is a very talented gun smith, and an AR whiz.

Thanks for the help guys -

Garg - I gave Tactical Ammunition two calls and an email based on your recommendation. I still haven't heard a word from them 6 days later. I ended buying a clamp on style FSB from Discount Shooters Supply ("Curt's") and I am actually pretty happy with it. Very low profile clamps and it still has a sling mount if I want to use it. I don't foresee slipping issues with the help of a little high temp lock tight.