JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The situation is grave- all firearms have been confiscated, all cartridges have been confiscated, and all you have is sheet metal from cars, car axle's for barrels, car wheel weights to make bullets, and the poop under car overpasses from pigeons to turn into black gun powder.

What would you do next? Where would you to go intentionally make a firearm? How would you do it?

The reason why I ask this is I've asked this direct line of questions to very hard core liberals and have gotten nothing back but the look of deer caught in the headlights. "Are you going to say the logical conclusion is we all wear diapers and turn our poo into the local government?" Do you think we should ban all metal in cars? What about those places that have machine shops that do automotive work such as lathes and milling machines to fix car engines?

Now, knowing that how is gun control going to help? Like I've said- I've asked over 1,000 hard core liberals in writing how to prevent that and they've given a "deer caught in the night headlamp look".

This is not a "direct question" so much as a "think outside the box/freewheeling discussion"

If you asked them in writing, how do you know their look?

I have been asking this question both verbally and in writing for the past 7 or 8 years and I have consistently received the same response- either a blank look of not understanding or a written response of "I don't get it".

I am asking here, because I didn't get any kind of an answer anywhere else- so I'm expanding the "ground coverage" as it were.

Now, Mr. Slimer- whats your answer?

Pretty hard to prevent folks from getting materials that could make bows/arrows.
What about gasoline, salt peter.. Etc.

I read an article where someone had made a glock frame from resin and sawdust & or woodchips cast all the metal parts and chizzled out the slide from barstock.

I could make a Black Powder Muzzle loading pistol in about 2 hours in my shop 8 if you want a fancy hammer and trigger. I could make a serious Sword in about 3 hours. A boot knife in 20 min.

As to all the guns and ammo being confiscated ROFLMAO

in about 1980 the Soviets estimated there were some 20 million illegal unregistered firearms in Russia proper. Most of them having been hidden from the government since WWII.

I have no doubt Americans are every bit as sneaky and crafty as the Russians. After all what percentage of the outdoor pot farms so they find each year and some of those cover ACRES of property. A little harder to hide then a 6" long pistol.

David Marshall Williams (Carbine Williams) made replacement parts for the guards while he was in prison in their metal shop. He also designed the "floating chamber " while still in prison. Anything can be made by hand if need be.

Muskets were not built by computers. At least as far as I'm aware of.

There's no way that all firearms could be confiscated, so I'm going to choose to not hypothesize on a theoretically impossible situation.

But seriously, anyone with access to a 3D printer and enough filament could just print 3D single shot 22LR pistols. So the government would have to ban plastic.

David Marshall Williams (Carbine Williams) made replacement parts for the guards while he was in prison in their metal shop. He also designed the "floating chamber " while still in prison. Anything can be made by hand if need be.

Muskets were not built by computers. At least as far as I'm aware of.

no, but they were built by master craftsmen that unfortunately would be few and far between. Honestly though, all you would need is a metal tube and a end cap.

Firearms have been the dominant weapon technology since the advent of gunpowder, the only way to truly prevent gun ownership is to give up every single facet of modern civilization, no metals, no electricity, no fire, no tools, no books, no paper, no writing. Once a technology is "out of the bottle" no matter how hard you try to put it back in, it will never go. This is as true of nuclear weapons as it is for firearms. The only way to really prevent their proliferation is with sanctions and incentives.

Pidgin poop is a really poor place to start making nitrates, the haber process has given the world the gift of nearly unlimited quantities of ammonia and nitrates, few people realize how close at hand all of these materials are, if the doe eyed personal safety advocates realized just how easy it was to make conventional high explosives in a garage, basement or bathroom the gnashing of teeth and wails for control would be deafening.

People who seek top-down control really have zero concept of what constitutes weapons, america isn't beset by a plague of roadside bombs, chemical weapons and the like not because the capability doesn't exist, but because our citizens don't have a significant interest in engaging in such behavior.

I'm of the mindset that 'if" the day comes when this or another government calls for outright confiscation, its going to make the original American Revolution look like a bake sale at the nearby elementary school.

I'm of the mindset that 'if" the day comes when this or another government calls for outright confiscation, its going to make the original American Revolution look like a bake sale at the nearby elementary school.

Agreed. If you have ever read any of the history of the Revolutionary War, it was a nasty, brutal, bloody long term conflict that killed thousands, maimed thousands, left many homeless and with out food. Atrocities on both sides, the French running from helping the Continentals, just a nasty conflict.

If it got that bad- then you're thinking too small.

Look at Kiev...they're making Molotov coctails, flamethowers, sling shots and bows...heck they're even using Air Rifles, Hatchets and other hand-held weapons.

ap136801874648_0.jpg
kiev-violence_25.jpg

I'd probably make a potato-gun mortor before I ever tried to make saltpeter gunpowder.

The Japanese took over Tiawan (?) and proceeded to 'civilize' the mountain tribes so as to log their mountain redoubts. The Japs confiscated all black powder and weapons but they forgot to cut-off supplys of kitchen matches which were hoarded and used in the tribe's smooth bores

I am not sure based upon recent history. Besides Obama being put into office twice and most likely Hillary 2016 make rebellion even more distant.

Obama wasn't elected twice because he won the day, he was elected twice because the opposition decided not to run a candidate. This is the republicans pushing their california election model national... That is: Find a candidate, anyone will do, as long as they're willing to say they're at least moderate whether they are or not. Now, you send them on a whirlwind tour of all the democratic strongholds and talk about how you want to do essentially the same thing the democratic candidate was. All of the rural voters wonder wtf happened, decide it's not even worth leaving the house to vote. Democrats win in a landslide, republican party thinks they need to be "big tent" and start doing further things to piss off the base, repeat.

As far as I'm concerned there's really only one thing that needs to be said to sink hillary clinton's chances of becoming president: George W Bush, the body politic is as sick of political dynasties as they are with the current state of the economy. BHO managed to run as an "outsider", the problem with the republicans is they keep recycling the same sad sacks over and over. Now everyone is talking about Chris Christie? Wtf? Of the last 5 republican's to win election to the presidency (that is GWB, GHWB, Reagan, Nixon, and Eisenhower): Two were governors GWB, Reagan Two were former VP's: GHWB, Nixon, and one was a military hero: Eisenhower. Not just that, two were from california, and two were from texas. None of them were from the corrupt machine states of new york or new jersey. Frankly, I'd like to keep it that way.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top