JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have had springs, screws, fall onto the carpet and spent a fair amount of time looking for them. I was just out in my garage and saw my little 3' magnetized Empire bubble level stuck to the side of my garage fridge and thought that it would make a great way to try and recover small lost parts by covering a 3' area at a time.
<broken link removed>

Ahh good magnet coverage! Last month I lost an AR15 detent and while searching for it I found a nano spring I had lost while doing a frame swap to FDE.

I don't remember if it was on a you tube video or on a thread here, but doing the assemble/disassemble in a clear plastic bag sounds like a great trick.

When you finally catch the annoying neighbor kid with the BOOM BOX car tear one of the huge magnets off the back of one of the woofers and use that.

I went a different route which has worked wonderfully. In my office/man cave/hobby room I tore the carpet out and laid down a brand new layer of 3/4" particle board Puttied up the seams and then put 4 coats of Lt Gray Polyurethane floor paint on it. Now if a screw (and I work on cameras that have screws the size of a sugar ant) any screw falls on the floor it takes seconds to find it.

I'm going to do this to the floor in my reloading area as well (its already not carpet for obvious reasons) when I put the little room through a complete remodel next winter.

To find a part on the floor, dim the lights and get your eye down as close to floor level as possible, then shine a powerful flashlight as low as possible parallel to the floor surface. Anything that sticks up will show up clearly. My mother taught me this when I was quite young.

I have had springs, screws, fall onto the carpet and spent a fair amount of time looking for them. I was just out in my garage and saw my little 3' magnetized Empire bubble level stuck to the side of my garage fridge and thought that it would make a great way to try and recover small lost parts by covering a 3' area at a time.
<broken link removed>
what a great idea,
my granddaughter works good to her eyes are brand new and can see all sorts of stuff in all kinds of areas

Found a sewing needle once while running across the living room throw rug - dad tried to pull it out but ended up in the emergency room. Still remember that like yesterday and it was almost 40 years ago.

I find walking in the area barefoot at night, especially when drunk, to be absolutely the best way to find small metal objects in the carpet.

Redcap... you sound just like my Father!!!!!

He loved my Mother's Chocolate Chip with Walnut Pieces .... and she made no less than a Gross (144) at a time, Really, a Double batch would be 288 cookies, and I have seen her do it... (I was the Walnut Cracker, Northern California, picked by me, dried by me, and Dab Nab it, if I wanted walnuts in Mom's Cookies, I cracked them, as well!!!!!

Any way. Dad said, and Proved, often..... If there was even ONE Walnut Shell, in 144 cookies.... it Was His COOKIE, for sure!!!!!

philip

When ever I loose a tiny part on the rug, I call my neighbor and ask him to bring his infant over. After a few minutes of crawling around on the rug, the child has located the tiny part and is attempting to eat it. Gotta be quick at that point.

I find walking in the area barefoot at night, especially when drunk, to be absolutely the best way to find small metal objects in the carpet.

Smart thinking, have had the Ö Jesus Clip go flying a few times. It never fails, especially the smaller the item to actually bounce 3 to 5 feet first ,off something else, before landing in the last direction you thought it was going!

Even have done this in the woods with a fishing reel a couple of times and recovered the item.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top