JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This weekend a horrible thing happened. We lost our two year old pug, Mabel. She went into the backyard to play with our other dog and when we went to bring her in about 20-30 minutes later we found her semi-catatonic in the backyard. We rushed her to the emergency animal hospital right away. They worked on her for almost two hours. They stabilized her twice but the third time she coded they could not revive her.

The vet believes someone threw something poison over our fence. Heaven help them if I ever find out that is true and find who did it. Anyone that would randomly do that to an innocent and sweet animal like Mabel deserves the worst punishment.

Mabel was the sweetest dog I have have ever known. She was my loyal companion, my best friend, and she was my little girl. She was one of the great loves of my life and I would give everything I own to just have her wake me up one more time with her rapid fire pug kisses like she did every morning. I would give anything to just have her nip at my heels or roll over in my lap to have her belly rubbed. For the first time ever, there is no emoticon that cries hard enough to express how I feel. :(

Goodbye Mabel. I miss you every minute of the day and I always will. My heart will always be missing a piece from this day forward.

PugUgly.jpg

Puffaced.jpg

ClosePug.jpg

MabelBelly.jpg

PugProfile.jpg

Sorry to hear this Dave. I had to put my cat of 8 years "Blackie" to sleep the previous Monday after a week at the vets and a week trying to take care of him, only to sullenly realize that having him put to sleep was the only humane option. I buried him in the garden with a new bag of his favorite cat treats that he would beg off me every morning like clock work, it brings tears up just thinking about it.

On a positive note, in the top picture you two do kind of look alike!

Blackie McBlackcat RIP!

100_1997.jpg

My heart goes out to you my friend. I have three dogs right now and they are part of the family. I remember after my first Lab Murphy died for the next few months I would be sitting in my chair and I swear I would feel her put her head under my hand waiting for a petting. I know there is a hole in your heart right now that words can't heal. May time and the memories of a good and loyal companion bring a smile to your heart when you are feeling the worst.

I know it is a hard thing to think about now, but when your emotions have settled with time, there are lots of great dogs out there in shelters just waiting for their savior to come scoop them up and take them to a loving home. Just something to think about down the road. :)

I am so sorry about the loss your little dog. I have pets too, and they become like little people to you. They are the best of friends forever, that is for sure.

Some people are so horribly mean it makes me so angry to think about.

Animals, and pets truly are better than people.

You will see Mabel again though. I guarantee it. She will be happy, healthy, and safe when you two meet again.

Gonna cry now.....makes me think of all the loved pets I have lost over the years......

Very sorry to hear. That is horrible! Mable looks like she was a sweetie. Just know that she is waiting for you and some day you will see her again. I've got a few waiting for me also.

Losing pets is the worst thing ever in the best of circumstances. Cannot imagine what it's like if someone takes them away. People suck!

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing the pain and intimacy.

Life is brief and fragile, but no one can take away those two wonderful years you had with Mabel. And y'know, you two really do look a little bit alike!

People don't realize the consequences when they so casually kill creatures that they call "varmints" or "nuisances" or simply "targets." Just because it wasn't somebody's pet doesn't make its life worthless!

There's a feral cat that I catch in the yard sometimes - She killed one of my hens when it was little. I'll pop her with a pellet if I have to, but I won't kill her, even though I have the legal right to defend my livestock. I just wish I could trap her, but she's way too smart for that.

One of my neighbors says she "hates squirrels," without explanation. She's proud of the fact that she's killed 65 so far this year. Okay, it's not a pet Pug, but a squirrel is still an intelligent placental mammal, and harmless as well.

Not to detract from your loss, just to say that you've had a painful reminder of how precious and irreplaceable life is.

The vet believes someone threw something poison over our fence. Heaven help them if I ever find out that is true and find who did it. Anyone that would randomly do that to an innocent and sweet animal like Mabel deserves the worst punishment.

Everybody gets what is coming to them, sooner or later. We just dont usually get the satisfaction of being there to see it when it happens...but we can have faith that it will happen when its supposed to.

Trust in Karma/God/Allah/Bhudda/Higher Power of your choice. You will see your dog again someday, and the slime that took her from you will be dealing with some serious consequences of the spiritual kind.

theres a special place in hades for sadists. i'm sure i'll get to experience it myself, someday.:s0133:

what kind of neighborhood you live in?

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Loosing a pet is more than just a pet....it's a family member. We lost our little girl (Papillon) this last Oct. she was 21 yrs old. My wife cried for days. I hope a person who would do such a thing burns in He11.

Sorry for your loss, it's painfully to loss a pet ( lost my cat 5 years ago and still can't get a new one), but to lose one because of some malicious a-hole is in a whole different catagory....completly sucks. Hang in there.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top