JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw this on Fox 12 news app. A transient with a machine gun those are difficult to come by I don't think a transient is likely to have one.
Here's a portion of that news article
Grants Pass police arrested 30-year-old Jon Meyer Jr., whom they described as a transient, in connection with the girl's death. He's being held on charges of second-degree manslaughter, third-degree assault and unlawful possession of a machine gun.
Is this media hype or miss print, anti-gun or is this correct a transient with a machine gun. Don't get me wrong I have not overlooked the girl being murdered It is a heinous crime Whether it is done with a gun or knife a rock a machine gun or bare hands.

It could be if he stole it from someone who owned it legally, or maybe from a government agency. It could also be anything that looks like a machine gun, from a 10/22 in a fancy stock or AR15 variant or AK anything. The again, maybe he owned it legally before he became a transient. Or, then again maybe he just ate a pop-tart into a suggestive shape.

This is an interesting question that I have thought of before. Are you required to have a residence to maintain your constitutional rights? Do you have to have a home to have a place to register your guns to (in states that require that)?

This is an interesting question that I have thought of before. Are you required to have a residence to maintain your constitutional rights? Do you have to have a home to have a place to register your guns to (in states that require that)?

Constitutional rights? The answer is no, but they get you through the back door. Without a home, you can be arrested and locked up as a vagrant (unless you are an urban camper in downtown Portland protesting people who get up and go to work every day). As a vagrant, you are now a criminal. Criminals aren't supposed to have guns.

Gun registration is in and of itself unconstitutional, but that's never stopped them before.

Looking at the magazines the cops were checking out on the TV, it was a SKS.
The SKS was never built as a select fire---so it's either a defective gun or one that
has been converted to full auto. Not enough info at this point to tell if he was
stupid, unlucky, criminal or some combination. Guessing we all will be paying his
room and board for quite a while.

Odds are he either lied and pulled the trigger multiple times and it just so happens it was a semi auto modern sporting rifle OR it was a slam fire from what I assume was an SKS.

Seriously, if they were that readily available Id have one. (Just saying)
That or he was a Macgyver machinist transient savant. It can be done, heck an open bolt machine gun is quite simple to manufacture.. But from a homeless fella? Not too common.

Never knew what they were up to under those bridges.. Now we know. :)

I guess "hobo with a machine gun" will be the sequel to "hobo with a shotgun"?

Constitutional rights? The answer is no, but they get you through the back door. Without a home, you can be arrested and locked up as a vagrant (unless you are an urban camper in downtown Portland protesting people who get up and go to work every day). As a vagrant, you are now a criminal. Criminals aren't supposed to have guns.

Gun registration is in and of itself unconstitutional, but that's never stopped them before.

This is interesting to me. Is it criminal to be homeless? No. But do we want the homeless to be armed with guns?

If anyone needs to be able to protect themselves I would say that the homeless are much more at risk than most, but then the problem is how hungry do you need to be before you take that gun and steal a meal, or a few bucks to get a meal? I've considered this question myself many times. What would it take to force me into a position that I felt I had no other recourse than to take forceably from another? And before some of you say you would die first, remember that it is much easier to say that with a full belly. Try not eating for two to three days, then answer.

Good people can be forced into doing horrible things.

Did it back in the 80's while on a long range recon/intel patrol along a particular Latin American border (that shall not be named). Try navigating under triple canopy jungles pre-GPS, and attempting to sync up with a re-supply drop while NOT being detected by OPFOR.... Uuuggghhh!

We had to forage for almost two weeks... eating creepy-crawlies and other critters w/o a fire to cook over, drinking brackish water loaded with purification tablets then strained through a bandana.

We were pissed off "jolly" green giants walking the earth... with machineguns. ;)

Now if ya'll will excuse me, I'm leaving to take the wife to Outback Steakhouse! :s0155:

I saw this on Fox 12 news app. A transient with a machine gun those are difficult to come by I don't think a transient is likely to have one.
Here's a portion of that news article
Grants Pass police arrested 30-year-old Jon Meyer Jr., whom they described as a transient, in connection with the girl's death. He's being held on charges of second-degree manslaughter, third-degree assault and unlawful possession of a machine gun.
Is this media hype or miss print, anti-gun or is this correct a transient with a machine gun. Don't get me wrong I have not overlooked the girl being murdered It is a heinous crime Whether it is done with a gun or knife a rock a machine gun or bare hands.

Probably was a semi-auto Cobray or some other .22 that in the media's eye is a machine gun because it looks cool

It could be if he stole it from someone who owned it legally, or maybe from a government agency. It could also be anything that looks like a machine gun, from a 10/22 in a fancy stock or AR15 variant or AK anything. The again, maybe he owned it legally before he became a transient. Or, then again maybe he just ate a pop-tart into a suggestive shape.

I'm thinking no on the pop-tart; I just don't see a homeless person carrying around a toaster, let alone trying to find a place to plug it in every morning.

Odds are he either lied and pulled the trigger multiple times and it just so happens to he a semi auto modern sporting rifle OR it was a slam fire from what I assume was an SKS.

Seriously, if they were that readily available Id have one. (Just saying)
That or he was a Macgyver machinist transient savant. It can be done, heck an open bolt machine gun is quite simple to manufacture.. But from a homeless fella? Not too common.

Never knew what they were up to under those bridges.. Now we know. :)

I guess "hobo with a machine gun" will be the sequel to "hobo with a shotgun"?

a Popsicle stick under the trigger bar will make an sks go full auto :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top