JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What I hope to do here is start a thread where if people are going to be buying some for there preparedness kits and think it might help out some one else or their kit they might see if anyone else would to go in on the deal. I hope it works,if not then I tried.

For example I am going to be buying 3 toilet lids that fit on 5 gallon buckets. They are great, I can still put my supplies in the bucket and If I ever need it just unpack it. They are $12.99 each is anyone want any ill throw them on my order.

I am going to buying some toilet lids that fit on 5 gallon buckets, they are for emergency use. But i have stuff like glow sticks and mre's in the bucket. If and when I need the bucket I will most likely need the stuff in the bucket as well. What I thought was a good Idea was, I am wanting these crapper lids, I found them for a good deal. I was wanting to know if anyone else would want some and I would throw them on my order for them. I was hope that other people that are buying stuff for there kits would post it in this thread and we all could help each other. Like if you found mre's for a good deal, you would post it in here. that is what I was hoping for.

The toilet lids are for dealing with a municipal water system failure. If your regular toilet doesn't flush, it's nice to have a backup toilet. Personally, I plan to dig a little trench in the backyard and cover it with lye and then dirt, but that will not work for everyone.

I make my own MREs and I'm still wondering about the toilet lids. How do they help you put anything in the buckets as opposed to placing a normal bucket lid on them?

this toilet lid does not help you pack a bucket any easier but if you have a wife or daughter I am sure that they would appreciate a bucket more than squatting against a stump. that is all, it is a comfort not a necessity. But you are missing the whole point of the thread. It is not here to argue about if a toilet is a necessary item or not. If you dont need one in your kit then dont worry about it.

I think you have a good idea going, but it needs to be fleshed out. Are you talking about helping people build their BoBs? Creating a disaster prep kit? I'm sure there are many on this forum who already have some semblance of preparedness going, but there are always beginners that could use mentoring.

I appreciate what GoatGuns is trying to do. As a prepper, I find myself wanting to reach out to other preppers to take advantage of combined purchasing power. I also think we could go beyond supplies with our combined purchasing power all the way to custom classes about home defense, producing your own food, producing your own electricity, etc.

greg I think that is a great idea. I just thought that those seats were a good deal and wanted to see if anyone else wanted any. I am paying for the shipping already. I just want to help. I think that we all can help each other build better kits or find good deals on stuff that some of us need or want. I have a lot of what I think that I need in my kit but I know it is not perfect. I enjoy seeing what others have in theirs. I still am learning about all this. I like to help others out when I am buying anything, that is all that I was trying to do.

greg I think that is a great idea. I just thought that those seats were a good deal and wanted to see if anyone else wanted any. I am paying for the shipping already. I just want to help. I think that we all can help each other build better kits or find good deals on stuff that some of us need or want. I have a lot of what I think that I need in my kit but I know it is not perfect. I enjoy seeing what others have in theirs. I still am learning about all this. I like to help others out when I am buying anything, that is all that I was trying to do.

Good Job! :s0155: That is something that never would have occurred to me, but sounds like a nice thing to have. Nice to see someone thinking of others too. Life is a lot better when we help each other out.

re: toilet flushing and municipal sewer failure

Depending on where you live, as long as you add water to the tank your toilet will flush and send the bad down the sewer. That happens to be the case where I live. It basically comes down to whether or not electrical pumping is required. I'm lucky and live up on a hill - so gravity works in my favor.

I think that if I order a few of these I can get them to $11 each all i need to order is 6 and I am wanting 3. These ones are like the link above but the ones that i am buying have a rubber seal around the lid to help keep gasses escaping when lid is closed. Is anyone wanting on this order?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top