JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Decker, I agree.

I hope we never see anything nearly like this in our country. Geez... I hope.

This is gong on all across Africa and the Middle East. Let's hope it doesn't spread to Europe as the world economy fails. Our media only lets us see what they want us to see...Dancing With The Stars and American Idol.

Thanks to the Internet and sites like this we can get a glimpse of what is really going on in the world news, not just Anthony's wiener.

This is gong on all across Africa and the Middle East. Let's hope it doesn't spread to Europe as the world economy fails.

I don't see the same thing happening in Europe or the US, based mostly on the reasoning that our cultural norms and values are much different than those in Africa and the Middle East. Our way seems mostly to be large demonstrations, with short destructive outbursts in select areas (areas with certain ethnic concentrations). That show on Liberia was so interesting; definitely worth watching.

This won't happen in feminized America. When the bankers decide to pull the plug, 98% of the populace will be beggars due to their having 4-5 days worth of food if that. The collapse will catch most people by total surprise. The twittering twits will first think that having no Facebook and Twitter is really 'suffering'. Then the shelves are empty, hyperinflation makes money/savings worthless, gov services like water are gone, and they get a real taste of suffering. It is coming. Whether six months from now or ten years. The greatest (hyperinflationary) depression and mass panic, starvation. Not happy about it, but facts are facts. Those that think this is the USA and it can't happen here are deluded. The USSR had their time in 1989 and they were much better able to cope with a collapse than we are; soon it will be our turn.

The standard of living we have enjoyed while most of the world earns $2/day is nearly over. All fiat currencies fail; all debt-based systems peak and collapse. Our economy is balancing on ####; a Ponzi scheme of epic proportions. The corporate media wants to sustain the debt/consumer economy as long as possible so you won't see anyone on corporate TV or corporate Radio telling you the way things really are, and they are very bad. Do your own research into the Federal Reserve, Fiat currency, and Debt as money. People typically only believe things that give them comfort therefore as said before, the 98% will not prepare at all and suffer greatly. For instance, only 2% of Americans own any precious metals. A huge error going forward.

This will be our world if we allow the S to HTF here. Some of the "preppers" seem a bit too eager to exercise their preparedness. If you think it'd be an opportunity from your fantasies ("My family and I survive and prosper while shooting marauding badguys, guarding our crops, and patting ourselves on the backs for our foresight"), you're wrong.

It was funny the church i go to wanted to send a group of teens on a gospal mission to liberia .I showed the pastor that vid wow plans did change lol. folks over here have no clue how bad it is over there , but it is bad in places here . I was in new orleans in katrina with fema and they attacked us for our food. that opened my eyes

You guys want to open your eyes then drive around the state and look at all the construction yards. There is billions in equipment sitting idle and the operators running out of unemployment.

jj

You guys want to open your eyes then drive around the state and look at all the construction yards. There is billions in equipment sitting idle and the operators running out of unemployment.

jj

Oh JJ but the banks are making record profits and my buddy bought a front end loader for pennies on the dollar....................... That equipment is being auctioned off every day. Oh the shovel ready jobs must be done already..................................

This is gong on all across Africa and the Middle East. Let's hope it doesn't spread to Europe as the world economy fails. Our media only lets us see what they want us to see...Dancing With The Stars and American Idol.

Thanks to the Internet and sites like this we can get a glimpse of what is really going on in the world news, not just Anthony's wiener.

Remember Juvenal's words, "Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses"...

Many have an almost religious faith in precious metals for SHTF scenarios, but you can't eat or drink gold. If I have water and food and ammo and you have gold, YOU are the one who is screwed. When a crunch comes, the things that will keep you and yours alive will not be for sale for ANY price. Think seriously about dumping money into commodities that cannot keep you alive, and only create wealth for speculators.

Many have an almost religious faith in precious metals for SHTF scenarios, but you can't eat or drink gold. If I have water and food and ammo and you have gold, YOU are the one who is screwed. When a crunch comes, the things that will keep you and yours alive will not be for sale for ANY price. Think seriously about dumping money into commodities that cannot keep you alive, and only create wealth for speculators.

What if we have MORE food than you, MORE ammo, MORE guns, MORE of everything of what you think is of importance, MORE water too, and BETTER filtration systems with backup water filtration systems as well? We have actual Yuan, Pesos and other currencies and have Yuan denonimated bank accounts that are FDIC insured. Now what would you say? Are you suggesting that I, or people who have already considered this and are fully prepared by having more food, ammo and water than you, should keep all of our extra cash in paper US dollars? I don't understand what you are saying I suppose. That's what it sounds like to me. Considering the point above,
People typically only believe things that give them comfort therefore as said before, the 98% will not prepare at all and suffer greatly. For instance, only 2% of Americans own any precious metals. A huge error going forward.
that less than 2% have any precious metals......sounds like you are of that group MA. Seems like the guy was talking about being prepared and food was included. You make your play, we'll make ours.

regards:

Here we go again :s0054: This is getting as bad as the accursed "which gun is better for SHTF" debate.:smash: Ok, I'm in (once more anyway)...

"Anti" money folks: "S" hits the fan. Economy dies. Nothing is produced ever again so people resort to barter. They start shooting each other. When they eventually run out of consumables the last person left starves to death or dies of some SHTF terminal disease.

"Pro" money folks: "S" hits the fan. Supply-chain disruptions occur for months, resulting in shortages. Commerce (manufacturing, distribution, end-user sales) continues, with money (various forms) still being used for commerce. Eventually the situation corrects, with production returning to U.S. shores (since we are a resilient people). Those who saved money (in whatever form of non-depreciating money the chose) fare much better than those who did not because during the situation money is still used, plus they come out the other side with savings to rebuild and prosper.

When I use the term "money" I refer to foreign currencies, metals, diamonds, collectibles; anything that can be converted to whatever currency of the realm is being used to facilitate commerce.

So, which scenario does history show as being more likely?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top