JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had a nice surprise on the doorstep today. My order from https://mtncitysupply.net/ on March 2nd arrived. I had ordered 100 rds of 38spl to top off my 38 pile. At that time I paid about 85 cents/rd for these remans. The going rate back then was well over a buck a round and nobody had it. So I figured what the heck, it will reach my doorstep eventually. I don't have a problem with remans and I just wanted a round count.
Availability is still slim on 38 spl but my kid shoots it mostly, and that's not too often lately. Mtn City offers 9mm, 40, 45acp and 50bmg as well. Their supply ebbs and flows like everyone else. Good resource though.
Still waiting on an order from Steinel for some 45-70 that I placed on the same day.

IMG_20210427_150019.jpg

I can't quite reach $2/100, but I'm sure down around $6/100, little higher for plated Berry's, a little lower for my own pours... I understand the cost, considering the market. And if they're more for storage/future use/SHTF use, the cost is understandable. When you want/need what someone else has, it's a sellers market.

It's always good to top off the supplies. Think I may need to reload some .38's to go plinking with...

And for those of us who don't reload, cest la vie. I only have the one pistol in 38 and it doesn't get dragged out much. I probably have more 38 (from pre-panic) than I'll ever shoot. For the rest of us who don't reload, it's pretty much buy it when you see it, which applies to any ammo at the moment. Getting into reloading at this point in time would seem to be counterproductive in terms of current costs, availability and whether or not one has the time. For those who are already set up and stocked, good work!

Wow. I usually shoot around 1-200 rounds of .38 a week. That'd be pretty expensive. My reloads cost around $2/100.
All of us ancient types can reload for dimes. Years ago, I calculated that I could reload 50 .357s using old Herter's 110gr HPs, for $1.10/50. I still have some of that stash.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads