JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After calling most of the gun shops in the Portland Metro area and even two of the closest Cabela's. looking for a Savage 111 Lightweight hunter to put my hands on, I have had no luck. So, I resorted to making the dreaded phone call...just in case. I dialed the number for the Gun Room. The guy picked up up the phone to answer. I asked if they might have one of these guns. His response was something to the effect that it was an abomination that anyone would buy such a piece of crap and that they don't carry that garbage. I told him thanks, but a simple "no" would have sufficed. Lesson learned....yet again. Yes, I did it to myself....NEVER again.

And, BTW - if it was such a piece of crap, I'm wondering why Rifleman magazine voted it the best rifle of 2012. :s0114:

Not sure about the quality of the rifle, but I do know this forum voted the Gun Room the worst gun store in Oregon if you tally up the results in the vendor feedback thread.

What I'm still trying to figure out is who are the 9 people who said they had an "excellent" experience in the Gun Room, and how much did the Gun Room pay them to say that?

Edit: After checking it seems 9 was a little high, appears the correct number is "6"

The only reasons to call that place is to test an air horn or you really want someone to chastise your firearm selection.

Funny you should mention the the Gun Room. I just visited them about 45 minutes ago. I walked in to ask about a replacement stock for a 1906 Remington model 11 shotgun that I am restoring. Thinking that I might get really lucky and they would have some old stocks laying around.
Here is the immediate response from one of the old counter gun guru's (Why are you bothering with that old piece of junk, it's not worth anything.)

Funny you should mention the the Gun Room. I just visited them about 45 minutes ago. I walked in to ask about a replacement stock for a 1906 Remington model 11 shotgun that I am restoring. Thinking that I might get really lucky and they would have some old stocks laying around.
Here is the immediate response from one of the old counter gun guru's (Why are you bothering with that old piece of junk, it's not worth anything.)

Unless it's sitting on his rack - then it's the best thing in the world, and he's only asking $10,500 for it because they aren't available anymore and once they're gone they're gone!

Not sure about the quality of the rifle, but I do know this forum voted the Gun Room the worst gun store in Oregon if you tally up the results in the vendor feedback thread.

I don't think it's just Oregon. I've been in gun stores in many states and there isn't a one of them that was worse or even as bad as The Gun Room!

I am going to ask my 22 year old daughter to wear her "Obama in 2012" tee shirt and have her walk in there asking if they have any pink Glocks on sale .

Was in recently on a whim. Got the usual plastic guns are junk and dangerous. Then showed me the pictures of exploding glocks and XD's (all pictures printed from the internet over 10 years ago). Looked at a CD75 SP01. They only wanted $909.00 for it (gee, MSRP is about $600). Told them it was too much and then they tried to sell me ........wait for it......and FN five-seven. Best handgun there is and accurate to 200 yards. I didn't have the heart to open the discussion about plastic guns again. I just went home.

What I'm still trying to figure out is who are the 9 people who said they had an "excellent" experience in the Gun Room, and how much did the Gun Room pay them to say that?

Edit: After checking it seems 9 was a little high, appears the correct number is "6"

Possible the worst in the northern hemisphere.

I go in about once a year to stir the pot, I bought a Glock hat and tee shirt just for the occasion. They are so fun the screw with.

I think a "Gun Room Meet" would be a blast. Get 10-15 guys to come in within a few minutes and all ask for Glocks.

I think a "Gun Room Meet" would be a blast. Get 10-15 guys to come in within a few minutes and all ask for Glocks.

This would be the likely result.

Scanners_head_explode_screenshot-1.jpg

By far the worst gun shop I've EVER been to.
I will NEVER set foot there again, nor have any communication with those people.

It's a miracle they stay in business!
I guess there is a sucker born every minute though....

I guess I'd go there during the Zombie Apocalypse...then their absurd prices wouldn't matter! ;)

Last Edited:

Mom, Dad, wife, kid and two grandkids = 6.

What I don't get is how that psycho stays in business. I made the mistake of going there in the 90's looking for .223 HP ammo. I carefully backed out of the store, never to return again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top