JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a college buddy of mine who is the lead K-9 unit in Vermont for the state troopers there. She and her dog does much of the same things in the video. I just know I don't want to be on the wrong end of the dog if it comes after me, no thank you!

I had the opertunity to ware a bite suit. The dogs werent nice to me at all! There jaw ppsi is very powerful. Plus I still have a scar on my head. Still had fun. The dogs never trusted me at all after that. Even the good/bad guy is a target in there training.

Looks like the dogs need more training, they wouldn't let go on command and even bit the handler at one point!!

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Looks like the dogs need more training, they wouldn't let go on command and even bit the handler at one point!!

I agree.

Nevertheless, these dogs could be trained until **** freezes over but each individual dog has its own idea of how to interpret and respond to commands. Training a dog to that level of aggression is risky for both target and handler. The handler is telling the dog to go primal, nearing the verge of the killer instinct, then shut down on command. When it's amped up that dog ain't listening to anybody! Until a handler has absolute control over the dog - similar to turning on and off a light switch - the use of dogs for take downs is "iffy" at best and there's only a moderately predictable outcome.

These dogs are amazing, but I believe there is an unknown entity with dogs that creates a liability for those that use them this way.

The alligator with fur AKA Belgian Malinois. That video never gets old. Those dogs in the video are highly trained but the breed is very high drive and all the handlers have been bitten and know they will be bit in the future.

Here is my Malinois.

DSCN4442.jpg

Perfect watchdog but you need to know and understand the breeds behavior.

I saw the damage first hand after a police dog mistook my neighbor for a criminal and took him down during a police chase through my neighborhood in Fairview a couple years back.
<broken link removed>

Very Impressive!
great dogs...

I had the opertunity to ware a bite suit. The dogs werent nice to me at all! There jaw ppsi is very powerful. Plus I still have a scar on my head. Still had fun. The dogs never trusted me at all after that. Even the good/bad guy is a target in there training.

As a cop in the 80's, I had the opportunity to wear the bite sleeve. I passed.

What did Tom Arnold call them in True Lies? Fur coated razor blades?

In high school I helped train (I was the dummy in the bit suite) malinois MAN they are different dogs. It is true handlers get bit all the time but it is excepted. They can scale walls like 12-15ft jump (long jump) if I remember right 28+ ft they only weigh 45-60ish pounds but take down men 200ish lbs. if you ever have a chance to see schutzhund event you should go and see what they can do.

A good friend of mine is a helo pilot in the Bundesgrenschutz, the German equivalent of our Border Patrol, I had a chance to tour his base near Eching and watched some dogs "at play". Amazing athletes, and handy weapons.

Well, once upon a life time ago, while in the Haupt Bahnhof in Frankfurt aM, while sleeping in a "No Sleeping" area (not the Wartel Zimmer) after closing, I got rousted out by Polizei and their hund. Needless to say, I almost crapped myself, and that was just from the waking up with a German shepherd inches from my face barking loudly.

I learned a healthy respect for the German police, during my two tours over there....Wonderful country. And GREAT BEER! If you don't like the beer in one town, head down the road five miles and get a different brew. True land of the microbrewery.

I worked in France for a few months one year. The French military used dogs for security in our building. They strongly suggested that during an emergency you stand still and cover your nuts with both hands. The dog would obey nicely and ignore you, start running around or acting stupid and you become the target. After seeing the dog in action, I always remembered to stand still and cover the family jewels.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top