JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As I mentioned in my previous post here. I ordered a Vortex Strikefire 2 Red Dot for my new build.
THEN TODAY WHEN REMOVING IT FROM THE VORTEX BOX I HAD AN ULTIMATE SHOCK!:eek:

I had ordered it from a well known source who had it shipped to me from a well known vendor they use.
Today, I opened the Box for the first time thinking I would mount the Optic on the Upper Receiver. Inside the Vortex Box was the Vortex Strikefire Owners Manual and a Cantilever Mount and no battery!
And then the "SHOCK"! It was not a Vortex Strikefire 2 Red Dot! It was some unknown Brand Red Dot! Someone at the main facility I purchased it through or someone at the vendors location had removed the Vortex Strikefire and put the unknown Red Dot Optic in it's place in the Box!
It does not even have a Brand Name on it at all! Since we know that all Vortex products has their Logo on it. In fact another clue was there was also no battery in the box with the unit. Knowing from research that the Strikefire 2 Red/Green Dot takes a CR-2 Battery was a clue! The unknown brand unit required a watch type battery like a 2025 of course it neither had that! I contacted my purchase source (A-----) regarding the above this morning and with no problem at all they are refunding my money and picking the Box with the unknown Optic in it up via UPS the first of this week. I will be then ordering a new one and "Hopefully the correct Vortex StrikeFire Optic will follow! :rolleyes:
I also sent an Email to the (A) and to the Vendor advising them of the incident. And advising them that one of the two companies had a thief among their employees!;)

As I mentioned in my previous post here. I ordered a Vortex Strikefire 2 Red Dot for my new build.
THEN TODAY WHEN REMOVING IT FROM THE VORTEX BOX I HAD AN ULTIMATE SHOCK!:eek:

I had ordered it from a well known source who had it shipped to me from a well known vendor they use.
Today, I opened the Box for the first time thinking I would mount the Optic on the Upper Receiver. Inside the Vortex Box was the Vortex Strikefire Owners Manual and a Cantilever Mount and no battery!
And then the "SHOCK"! It was not a Vortex Strikefire 2 Red Dot! It was some unknown Brand Red Dot! Someone at the main facility I purchased it through or someone at the vendors location had removed the Vortex Strikefire and put the unknown Red Dot Optic in it's place in the Box!
It does not even have a Brand Name on it at all! Since we know that all Vortex products has their Logo on it. In fact another clue was there was also no battery in the box with the unit. Knowing from research that the Strikefire 2 Red/Green Dot takes a CR-2 Battery was a clue! The unknown brand unit required a watch type battery like a 2025 of course it neither had that! I contacted my purchase source (A-----) regarding the above this morning and with no problem at all they are refunding my money and picking the Box with the unknown Optic in it up via UPS the first of this week. I will be then ordering a new one and "Hopefully the correct Vortex StrikeFire Optic will follow! :rolleyes:
I also sent an Email to the (A) and to the Vendor advising them of the incident. And advising them that one of the two companies had a thief among their employees!;)

Someone could have bought it then returned it . With the cheap optic in the box and returned into inventory. That's a common rip job people do to eBay sellers nowdays.Its good you were taking care of don't see that very often anymore

Regarding the above with Amazon and the other vender. They have been more that cooperative with the situation. UPS arrived this morning with an Amazon Return & Pick Up Label for the box containing the switched out cheap red dot in the Vortex StrikeFire 2 box. I should get my refund in the next few days. Due to great customer service provided by both companies I will be reordering the Vortex StrikeFire in the next few days from them. It is certainly what a company does with an issue like mine that counts and makes the difference! NO hassle just cooperation and good customer service! Says a whole lot about a company. Kudos to both of them!:)

Regarding the above with Amazon and the other vender. They have been more that cooperative with the situation. UPS arrived this morning with an Amazon Return & Pick Up Label for the box containing the switched out cheap red dot in the Vortex StrikeFire 2 box. I should get my refund in the next few days. Due to great customer service provided by both companies I will be reordering the Vortex StrikeFire in the next few days from them. It is certainly what a company does with an issue like mine that counts and makes the difference! NO hassle just cooperation and good customer service! Says a whole lot about a company. Kudos to both of them!:)

This says a LOT to me about the people you bought from. This is how it's supposed to be done. How the switch got made who the hell knows. Main point is the place you bought from made you whole without hassle. That is how I like to see a company operate. You should call them out by name. They deserve credit that they cared about you, the customer.

Alexx
They companies were Amazon and a company called Good Source who was the provider of the Vortex Purchase for Amazon. Can't complain at all. Other than being an inconvenience they took care of the issue with no Hassel! One of the guys brought up a good point today on how it could have happened other than out and out theft at the location. He advised one of the scams that is being committed today is a customer buys something then sends it back for credit. But what they do is they switch products keep what was sent to them. and put something else in the box and send that item back. Obviously when it was returned the people even if they open the box tp inspect the item inside might not know the difference between a cheap Chinese knock off Red Dot and a Vortex Red Dot if they were not very familiar with the product. That could have been what happened?

OP, no idea on what you paid, or if you allready have another one coming in from someone else.

Keep an eye on Palmetto State Armory, they often have them bundled with pmags shipped (currently out of stock). However they do tend to get there good sellers back frequently.

Alexx
They companies were Amazon and a company called Good Source who was the provider of the Vortex Purchase for Amazon. Can't complain at all. Other than being an inconvenience they took care of the issue with no Hassel! One of the guys brought up a good point today on how it could have happened other than out and out theft at the location. He advised one of the scams that is being committed today is a customer buys something then sends it back for credit. But what they do is they switch products keep what was sent to them. and put something else in the box and send that item back. Obviously when it was returned the people even if they open the box tp inspect the item inside might not know the difference between a cheap Chinese knock off Red Dot and a Vortex Red Dot if they were not very familiar with the product. That could have been what happened?

Thanks, I use the crap out of Amazon, and good to hear the other seller also did you right. That is the way it should be done. When I hear about a "problem" with a company's product what matters to me far more than the problem is how did the company take care of the problem for the customer.

If I was in your place I know what would happen. They would inspect and restock the returned bogus red dot and then re-pick it to send me to correct the issue...

Life is like that sometimes.

Once again a sign of Good Customer Service! Got my refund today already and an Email confirming it! Time to Re-Order an Original Strikefire.
I also put a note in the shipping box so someone will not just throw the fake one back on the shelf for shipment!

This is why I buy all my scopes from honest Russian optic sellers (I mean, they never cheated me out on a product!)

Jokes aside, roll your dice on Ebay and Amazon... Sometimes this will happen.

Fear of this type of thing, as well as the huge number of counterfeits on the market, was the reason I decided to buy my Aimpoint Pro at Cabelas rather than ordering it online. The extra $50 I spent by doing a face to face purchase at a reputable brick-and-mortar retailer was well worth the peace of mind for me when investing $400 in a quality optic that was going on a quality rifle.

Fear of this type of thing, as well as the huge number of counterfeits on the market, was the reason I decided to buy my Aimpoint Pro at Cabelas rather than ordering it online. The extra $50 I spent by doing a face to face purchase at a reputable brick-and-mortar retailer was well worth the peace of mind for me when investing $400 in a quality optic that was going on a quality rifle.
I mine my own ore and smelt it and then fabricate it into whatever I want so I'm extra sure.

not really

Yes
I received my VORTEX STRIKEFIRE after the mix up or what ever caused it.
I am very pleased with it. And it shoots well also. 50 Yards 2 bullets in the same hole and one about 1/4 inch out of the group. For a 4 MOA Dot I am very pleased.
I would recommend the VORTEX STRIKEFIRE.

I don't buy from vendors on Amazon. I only buy if it's sold by Amazon.com

I've had good luck with their returns. No hassles.

Glad you were taken care of.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads