JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
With regard to LEO physical fitness....

WIth all the 'issues' over the summer LEOs were on cams more than normal and quite frankly a LOT of them I saw during riots/protests were running rather 'long' on the gut - with some downright obese.

Don't give me any excuses about them wearing body armor and these 'tactical' vests they all seem to be wearing as 'adding' to their girth because it's quite obvious some of them couldn't see their peckers to pizz without all the garb.

Is there no height/weight requirements for LEOs ?

DEFUND LEOs ? Yea ! get rid of the 'weight' and get some physically fit applicants who can at least meet minimum military type standards of physical fitness.

I recently watched a video where some people were approached by a an LEO (in Nevada) and this guy was pushing probably 60+ inches at the waistline and at least 300 lbs (and maybe more)

I am seriously thinking of submitting an app for a local LEO agency but I doubt I'll even get an interview due to my age - but if physical fitness were the deciding factor I'd probably outdo many.

Here is the NV LEO in the video I saw::

IMG_2558[1].JPG

Last Edited:
Fat people are everywhere in this country. I mean every stinking where. You just gotta get used to them and to the people preaching "body positivity." Probably gonna continue further down the track

There's a city cop in the town I went to high school. SRO at the middle school. Short. Fat. Verrry fast on his feet and dedicated to his job.

I'm okay with big people who aren't turds. Same as little and medium size ones. I do my best to judge others on merit. Not on what their outward appearance is. Been surprised many times by people I thought were aholes or thugs, hippies.

Listen, you might learn something. Even if they are a sh!te.

A few things, that job you sit a lot, a lot of them don't eat healthy on the go, and they have a very high stress job.

on the other hand, having extra weight can work to your advantage.

when you need to control a bad guy being able to put some weight on them and hold them down could be a good thing

You need to remember, it's often said that, "the camera will add 10 pounds"......
..... and some of those cops did have several cameras trained on them !

My concern is, if you're concerned enough to worry about an officer's fitness, it sounds like you're relying on them to show up in time...

Not to mention them being allowed to do (or actually doing) their jobs.

-Robert

With regard to LEO physical fitness....

WIth all the 'issues' over the summer LEOs were on cams more than normal and quite frankly a LOT of them I saw during riots/protests were running rather 'long' on the gut - with some downright obese.

Don't give me any excuses about them wearing body armor and these 'tactical' vests they all seem to be wearing as 'adding' to their girth because it's quite obvious some of them couldn't see their peckers to pizz without all the garb.

Is there no height/weight requirements for LEOs ?

DEFUND LEOs ? Yea ! get rid of the 'weight' and get some physically fit applicants who can at least meet minimum military type standards of physical fitness.

I recently watched a video where some people were approached by a an LEO (in Nevada) and this guy was pushing probably 60+ inches at the waistline and at least 300 lbs (and maybe more)

I am seriously thinking of submitting an app for a local LEO agency but I doubt I'll even get an interview due to my age - but if physical fitness were the deciding factor I'd probably outdo many.

Here is the NV fatazz:

View attachment 831533
You fat shamer, you.

I consider my extra pounds emergency preparedness stores:D As long as I don't have a heart attack, I will out last all you chicken leggers when they send us to internment camps.

"As long as I don't have a heart attack, I will out last all you chicken leggers when they send us to internment camps."

I threw great EKGs right up until I coded in the ambulance. Turned out that my mobile modular energy storage plan had a downside.

My concern is, if you're concerned enough to worry about an officer's fitness, it sounds like you're relying on them to show up in time...

Quite frankly I don't see how anything I said 'sounds like' I was concerned for myself at all, 'relying' on them or their ability to show up on time. I handled a home break in a couple years ago on my own quite effectively - until the LEOs did show up (which was relatively timely given my moderately 'rural' location).

Mostly my concern is for the LEOs having the ability to respond in any situation, anywhere, being able to perform physically but more importantly public perception of the LEOs , which might not be too positive for those obviously out of shape.

Also some might also experience certain levels of self consciousness about their appearance which could affect their mental abilities as well.

Probably a minority; bit arent there fat guys who happen to be quite healthy? Thinking along the lines of the heavy labor guys and the former school football players and weight lifters but not necessarily body builders... I seem to recall reading a specific blog post somewhere by a defense trainer/combat veteran who basically said that the bodybuilder types tended to get winded quick, and were not able to effectively fight because of being musclebound and having too little fat and too much stiffness... whereas the guys who looked somewhat like The Mountain and football players were "unfairly quick" and some were able to stay on the move longer...simply because while they were large, they had real world physical labor and dexterity. Sure they have higher risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and so forth... but they were better suited to certain combat training than bodybuilders, from his perspective. That said... I can believe the same is relatively true of the extra big LEOs.

There is a world of difference between these two "morbidly obese" by BMI; men. One is a MMA fighter, the other is a champion pie eater who goes to the beach :rolleyes:
300-6.jpg 12d762_5447063.jpg

You fat shamer, you.

I consider my extra pounds emergency preparedness stores:D As long as I don't have a heart attack, I will out last all you chicken leggers when they send us to internment camps.

I'm not sure I could make this strategy work. I got a mouth on me. :D

"As long as I don't have a heart attack, I will out last all you chicken leggers when they send us to internment camps."

I threw great EKGs right up until I coded in the ambulance. Turned out that my mobile modular energy storage plan had a downside.
I went from acing a treadmill stress test to flatline with 100% blockage in one year. Those tests serve a purpose but they don't catch everybody.

Probably a minority; bit arent there fat guys who happen to be quite healthy? Thinking along the lines of the heavy labor guys and the former school football players and weight lifters but not necessarily body builders... I seem to recall reading a specific blog post somewhere by a defense trainer/combat veteran who basically said that the bodybuilder types tended to get winded quick, and were not able to effectively fight because of being musclebound and having too little fat and too much stiffness... whereas the guys who looked somewhat like The Mountain and football players were "unfairly quick" and some were able to stay on the move longer...simply because while they were large, they had real world physical labor and dexterity. Sure they have higher risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and so forth... but they were better suited to certain combat training than bodybuilders, from his perspective. That said... I can believe the same is relatively true of the extra big LEOs.

There is a world of difference between these two "morbidly obese" by BMI; men. One is a MMA fighter, the other is a champion pie eater who goes to the beach :rolleyes:
View attachment 831698View attachment 831699
Visceral fat is a killer.. you see zero oldsters that are packing around what some deem "healthy" at an earlier age.

Visceral fat is a killer.. you see zero oldsters that are packing around what some deem "healthy" at an earlier age.
My dad is 79 and finally dropped below 200 lbs a month ago. Plays pickleball after stopping tennis, does 30-40 minutes a day of treadmill at a local gym, plus 30+ minutes free weights and resistance training. He was 200-250 from 1985ish up until very recently, and did 33 years National Guard/Reserves. He's around 5'7", so according to BMI charts, he's "obese". But now that he's around 190ish, pants are falling off him and he now can wear L/XL shirts. At one point, I was at 260ish in the last 10ish years, simply from not having a car, and not having internet at home... rode everywhere on a bicycle and went to the public library for the wifi. Now that I have a kid and a wife, a car, and high speed internet... I've pretty much let go:confused: Gotta get back on the bicycle,maybe find a single seat jogging stroller for the kid so I can get back to ruck training a bit and take her around town without needing a car :rolleyes:

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads