JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't followed the Cerberus / Freedom Group stuff too closely, so I found this to be an interesting read. I'm one of those people mentioned in the article who detest market consolidation and conglomerates. It seems focusing on the bottom line always results in negative outcomes from most involved. I also don't agree with how the 'system' works, but for my own selfish pro-gun reasons I am happy to hear about Feinberg's 'investment' in Trump. Long-term, the conglomerate will make more money with pro-gun policies, but they benefit more from fear and panic if they're looking to simply boost sales and exit. I don't trust any of these actors, but I'm hoping this is a net positive for us.

Before he went into the gun business, before he started buying assault-rifle manufacturers, before he expanded into scopes and silencers, before he rolled up 18 of America's most lethal companies into a single conglomerate, before he funded a private military base, before the massacre, before the investor revolt, before the recalls and the product defects and the bad press and the lawsuits — before any of that could happen — Stephen Feinberg, the billionaire financier, had to perfect his shooting technique. So one weekend in late 2005, he left behind the Manhattan offices of Cerberus Capital, the private-equity firm he'd founded, and his multistory Upper East Side residence, which he was in the process of spending $15 million to renovate, and traveled to Moyock, North Carolina, to the tactical-training facilities of Blackwater, the notorious private military contractor, for a weekend of long-range-firearms instruction.

Full Article

PS: How true is this? :D

It was easy to imagine these well-armed individuals as doomsday preppers or anti-government fanatics, but the reality, one former Cerberus insider suggested, was mundane. "Novelty sells in this business more than tactical improvements," he told me. "The gun business is almost like a fashion business for men. You either have two or you have 20. It's like handbags for women."

Certainly, they make what are often short term profits by trading on the good will of companies that spent generations, in some cases, developing that good will by making a quality product.

Well good for him. Hopefully he's not a bad actor.. it doesn't look like it.
Sometimes it's good to go "hands-on" with your investments but it'd be interesting to look at the 5-10 year returns on the classic General Dynamics, Raytheon (the big boys) etc. etc. and compare to his.

George Soros worked at Auschwitz as an clerical assistant to Adolph Eichmann, deciding who died next, despite being a Greek Jew. He later became an avowed communist and gained US Citizenship. Given the US Immigration and Naturalization Law of 1952, being a Commie should have blocked Citizenship but as we know, if you have money, you can buy anything.

Cerebrus represents the Hound of Hell in Mythology who guards from escape across the Styx River. This is NOT!!!! a good guy!!!

It isn't just guns.

Guys collect all kinds of "toys", whether it is motorcycles, tools, automobiles, or whatever.

I tend towards diversity - I don't concentrate on one specific model or type of firearm. I know there are Garand collectors, Winchester lever action collectors, etc., but once I have one of something I generally want something at least a bit different.

Even where I do get something similar, I want something a bit different. I have three 10/22 rifles - an old standard, a Mannlicher and a take-down.

The only time I get something exactly the same, it is when I want something for myself and two members of my family for SHTF, so that we all use the same ammo, the same mags and we all know how they operate.

George Soros worked at Auschwitz as an clerical assistant to Adolph Eichmann, deciding who died next, despite being a Greek Jew. He later became an avowed communist and gained US Citizenship. Given the US Immigration and Naturalization Law of 1952, being a Commie should have blocked Citizenship but as we know, if you have money, you can buy anything.

Cerebrus represents the Hound of Hell in Mythology who guards from escape across the Styx River. This is NOT!!!! a good guy!!!

GS has nuttin to do with Cerberus.

NRA-ILA | Rumor Control: The Truth About Cerberus/Freedom Group

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews