Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

A sad day

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by krivey, Feb 13, 2013.

1. krivey

krivey mcminnville oregon Active Member

I work in the melt shop of a local steel mill and today i almost shed a tear. A few unmarked police vehicles came in and dumped a few hundred firearms into the furnace and i watched them melt away :bawling: there were a couple hundred rifles and shotguns and a few boxes of handguns.

2. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Bummer!

I've always felt the biggest winner of gun melts are gun manufacturers, who are already making a killing. Makes me wish I had loaded up on gun mfg stocks before they went up.

mosinguy1 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. mosinguy1

mosinguy1 out by the ocean Active Member

I think ya made me shed a tear too!!!!!!

I hear ya on that civilian!!!!!

4. blankman32k

blankman32k Peoples Republic of PDX Member

I was looking at a beautiful W. German Sig out in Sandy two weeks ago. They bought it from a police evidence sale. From their stories, they do this all the time and have even bought guns with blood and "other matter" still on them. The choice to melt them down is probably a departmetal decision although i suspect the good guns end up in the department somewhere.

5. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

"Okay guys, the furnace is still warming up. Just stack 'em there in the corner and I'll take care of them after lunch. Thanks fellers! Bye now!"

6. krivey

krivey mcminnville oregon Active Member

I wish it were that way. Too bad we run an electric arc furnace. No warm up time.