JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I-594, if passed, would double the current 5 day waiting period to 10 working days (2 weeks).

So, you pass the NICS background check in 5 minutes (often quicker); I-594 mandates the Sheriff give his personal blessing in writing within 30 days (after browsing your personal mental health records). When the CLEO responds 30 days later, you now have to wait 2 additional weeks. A SIX WEEK WAIT BEFORE EXERCISING YOUR CONSTITUTIONALLY PROTECTED CIVIL RIGHT.

Who would support that if it were one of the other Civil Rights?

I-594WaitingPeriod.jpg

The wording on 594 requiring police sign-off on purchases (it is purchases, if I remember correctly) would create a boondoggle beyond the imagination.

Most of the people who might vote for this thing really have no idea of the negative impact it'd make in the ability of police to do their normal jobs, even assuming the Chiefs and Sheriffs would even try to comply.

Seems like the thing may trigger a petition campaign and then special election to repeal it, if it came down to it.

Is there a way to look up how many NICS checks are processed per day in Washington or even Seattle? Wouldn't that be the same number of applications the CLEO would have to run per day?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top