JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm Dave, an officer at the gun club in Baker.

We bought 650 anti-Measure114 lawn-signs, and I used NWFA to make contacts in multiple westside towns, and we shipped signs to those people for free.
It went quick. See https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/m114-free-yard-signs-need-volunteers.425827/ .

It's a great group of people. They are making a difference.

They already bought another 900 signs, and by next week, they'll run out again.

Every day, several strangers contact me and ask how they can help, how they can donate, how they can get some signs.
Every day.

Many of them contact me through NWFA.
So my list of people who want to get involved, is growing.

Signs influence elections.
More signs is better.

I asked Joe if I could start a GD thread for NWFA donations for a group buy for more signs and banners.
This is not that thread.

I haven't heard back from Joe yet.
This thread is just a report on what some fellow NWFA-ers have been doing lately.

@Joe Link

M114 will have no effect on people who intend to break laws.
It will only affect law-abiding citizens.

Thanks.

I agree. Happy to contribute to the cause. I will be picking up a sign at the ARPC gun show this Saturday. Perhaps a donation box at the table can help raise funds?

NO_california.jpg

Sometimes.......a sign will work effectively at getting a simple message across.

But then, at other times?
YEAH, OK, Ok, ok.......
I FEAR......that the AG's Office has already pushed Measure 114 as another "Gun Safety Measure". And so.......I suspect that the sheeple won't bother to read any further into what the measure actually does.

IMHO, "voting" without the details or in consideration of/knowing of the US Constitution (think BRUEN and the "tests" set forth in the decision). Well, it will just lead more Americans to be further divided.

Don't YOU just love it......when the Govt uses public money to infringe upon RIGHTS.

Aloha, Mark

PS.......
Perhaps, it's time to take a Music Break?

Last Edited:
I'd be happy to donate as well. I'm not sure how it works but NWFA may not be able to do the direct donations or facilitate it. I remember something in the past about not being able to meddle in politics, hope I'm wrong here though. @Joe Link will be along shortly here to set me straight, again 😁. Doing it here would be the best/easiest option to raise some funds.

I'd be happy to donate as well. I'm not sure how it works but NWFA may not be able to do the direct donations or facilitate it. I remember something in the past about not being able to meddle in politics, hope I'm wrong here though. @Joe Link will be along shortly here to set me straight, again 😁. Doing it here would be the best/easiest option to raise some funds.
Only if it is not gun related.

As I understand, donations up to $100 are a tax credit against Oregon state taxes. Money you have to pay anyway, might as well go to a good cause rather than to the coffers of the Oregon government. I gave them my $100.

Thanks for the feedback.

Legality:
All types of nonprofit (tax-exempt organization) are permitted to take action for or against ballot measures.
See page 4 at this LINK.
Also https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/lobbying .
501(c)(3)'s are the most restricted form of nonprofit, and even they are permitted limited amounts of lobbying.
All the other types have no restrictions or limits for political activity for or against ballot measures.

Practicality:
Joe and other management can decide whether their org gets involved with any action.
NWFA can take a role in a "fundraiser for signs",
or,
NWFA can allow a "fundraiser for signs" to be advertised here, but not have any role.

My request (and my hope) is that NWFA will allow me to start a fundraiser thread here.
Interested members can donate via paypal or venmo or zelle to an account I already manage.
Donations will be accepted for a week, and then the whole thing gets shutdown.
I immediately buy the signs, withholding only enough to cover shipping costs.
Known members in Salem or Portland area pick up signs, I ship the remainder to other known contacts in central and western OR.

Time is short.
Ideally, I'd like to start asap. The goal is to get signs to proven distributors by the first few days of October.

That's it. Just need permission.

Thx,
DS

As I understand, donations up to $100 are a tax credit against Oregon state taxes. Money you have to pay anyway, might as well go to a good cause rather than to the coffers of the Oregon government. I gave them my $100.
A tax credit means that it's taken off what you owe in taxes. Basically, you get the money back. It's $50/individual and $100/couple IF going to an Oregon recognized PAC. As far as I know, OFF-PAC is the only 2A group that has a legitimate Oregon PAC.

GUYS THIS IS URGENT

These are Great Looking Signs, @dancinghippos delivered 30 to me on Monday and I am planning to put them all up this weekend around where I live.

Please get involved in any way you can to support this effort; if you have more money than time, support it financially. If you have more Time than money, support it by putting up signs, like me.

PM @baker3gun or @dancinghippos and tell them you want to help!

If you need signs or handouts, let me know. PM me or email to [email protected]. I especially need locations for large roadside signs since there will be several available after this weekend. I will also have several hundred more yard signs Saturday and can get many more if we have people to distribute them. I'm in Salem and have been traveling between Woodburn and Eugene along the I-5 corridor, and also to the east and west of I-5.

Is there anyone available to cover the gun show in Grants Pass on October 1st? I'm tied up so can't make it to that one.

Any contributions to help pay for signs and guns show fees are appreciated. We still need money to buy more signs for Dave (Baker3gun) and to have signs available for the rally on October 8th. Either donate to Dave or to stop114.com

The other thing people need to do is to be on your local politicians. Ask them point blank about their support for stopping measure 114. Go to their web sites and Facebook pages. There are some republican candidates that won't take a stand. Call them out, go to the meet and greet meetings, and put their feet to the fire. Let them know you won't support them if they remain silent. Remember, this is a national test of how people in an overall blue state will react to unconstitutional additional gun control measures.

GUYS THIS IS URGENT

These are Great Looking Signs, @dancinghippos delivered 30 to me on Monday and I am planning to put them all up this weekend around where I live.

Please get involved in any way you can to support this effort; if you have more money than time, support it financially. If you have more Time than money, support it by putting up signs, like me.

PM @baker3gun or @dancinghippos and tell them you want to help!
We especially need help in the Portland area and along the Columbia River Gorge. That's where it's most critical to get the word out and get signs posted.

Just to be clear, Mono and hippos and Pirate are ordinary guys who are making time to distribute signs and flyers and banners. Volunteers. Nobody asked them, they just took action.

The only thing I did was coordinate a sign buy in Baker, and locate people who wanted signs, and find drivers, and coordinate drops, and shipped the rest.
It started at my local Club, and HERE.

Why are political signs such a big deal in every election?
If you want to win, you have to organize your core support, and also effectively capture thinking moderates, and also capture enough non-thinking sheeple.
Regrettably, our society has many sheeple. They vote according to what they think is most popular with other people. The more signs they see, the more likely you get their vote. That's it.

If you like the idea of using a gun board to ask Members to chip in ten bucks to a dedicated fund to buy signs to oppose M114, then you should post a reply to this thread: Just say "I'd support that."

Pirate asked the NWFA management if he could do it. No reply.
Then I asked. No reply.
It's a little weird. Just complete silence.

What would help is 300 members replying to this thread to say,
Let's do it, and go read post #18, and @mybuddy.
Just copy that and paste it in a reply and edit the buddy.

Then maybe I can get permission to use NWFA General Firearm Discussion for a week-long donate thread to raise $3000 to buy and ship 600 signs to people in Medford and Roseburg and Bend and other towns. These are people who already received signs from me and already want more.
If NWFA jumps up and raises $6000, we'll just double the order.

You should know that most of the "volunteers" I sent signs to were a little reluctant at first.
They were like, "Okay, I'll try."
Then a few days later, they were like, "Hey, that was fun, I need more signs."
You should try it yourself.

It's not too late.
If we start Friday 23rd and end Thursday 29th, the signs will be ready on the 5th and I will move all of them to waiting teams by the 7th. They'll be in the ground by the 14th.
It'll cost you 5 minutes and ten bucks.

Okay. That's the best I can do.
Let's see what NWFA can do.

If you are one of the huge number of people who doesn't know what M114 is, it is a mindless ineffective new gun-control ballot measure on the Oregon ballot in November.

1 - M114 is weak, and it can be defeated. LE does not like it. They consistently speak out against it. But if nobody does anything, it will pass.

2 - The M114 authors are pushing M114 as an anti-AR15 law, but that is a lie. M114 requires a permit to buy any gun, and makes the permit difficult to obtain, and grants arbitrary power to "agents" who can block your permit application, and makes most shotguns illegal, and bans the sale and ordinary possession of all magazines over 10 rounds, and creates a registry of guns and gun owners, and creates financial obstacles to gun ownership that discriminate against low-income people.

3 - M114 is unfunded, but it will impose significant financial burdens on already strapped law enforcement agencies. LE does not have the time or money to set up the complex systems required by this measure.

4 - M114 calls itself the Reduction of Gun Violence Act, but it will do nothing to reduce any kind of violence. The only thing it will accomplish is more arbitrary power for Oregon government, and mindless infringement on the natural rights of law-abiding citizens. Criminals and crazy people will ignore this law just like they ignore every other law. They can buy fentanyl in any town in Oregon right now, and any gun too. This measure means nothing to them.

Thanks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top