Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

A reminder to be vigilant

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by thorborg, Dec 22, 2014.

1. thorborg

thorborg portland oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Medical Doctors, the New Government Spies
    obamacare-gun-300x267.jpg Under Obamacare, in 2014, according to an Obama executive order, doctors were instructed to start asking patients whether or not they have firearms at home. The answer to this question should always be no, whether you are a gun owner or not. I shall explain.
    Let us say you answer this question yes, or you merely intimate that you have been considering a gun purchase in order to protect your family. It will then be the doctor’s duty, according to our politically managed healthcare system, to probe for mental health issues. Are you suffering stress from a new job? How about some counseling to ease your cares? Or a Vivek Murthy-style directive may soon instruct all medical personnel, upon discovering you own a gun, to simply refer you for counseling for mental-health evaluation merely on the basis of your gun ownership. (Ironically, this would mean that gun ownership in and of itself would provide the basis for making you ineligible to own a firearm.)
    Red Flags & Rights Divestment
    The minute you go for counseling, or even just a mental health assessment, the doctor could document that you have “mental health issues.” This would red-flag you in the Obamacare network as “mentally unfit to have a firearm.” Your name would likely be checked against federal and state databases of registered gun owners, and, the next day, police could show up with a search warrant for your weapon, if it turns out that you are indeed a registered gun owner. The police may well be BATFE agents, FBI agents, or Federal Marshals, since the Obamacare database of registered gun owners would be federal. But local law enforcement could also be utilized.
    When the police leave your home, they will be taking guns, kitchen knives, or anything else our anti-Constitutional administration deems inappropriate for you to own. In essence, the police will be leaving with your Second Amendment right to defend yourself. What happens if, after the government has grabbed your guns, your home is invaded? It has famously been said that, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
    So You Want to Buy a Gun?
    If you do not already own a gun, but you decide you need to get one for home defense in the future, you will be denied permission by the state to exercise your Second Amendment unalienable right to self-defense, due to the fact that you are a known user of counseling services. And your legal recourse will be limited, since Obama has been appointing more and more statist judges to federal benches, and any law suit will end up in the federal, not the state, court system.
    Too Orwellian to believe? Not in Obamaworld. This is exactly the type of thing Democrats have been wanting. Remember, these are the same people who tried to repeal your free-speech rights last spring! (See my article about this at http://eaglerising.com/9516/will-obama-democrats-repeal-first-amendment/.) It is the kind of policy that Obama wants Vivek Murthy to enforce. Obama knows he cannot rid America of the Second Amendment, so he will use new methods, as yet untried in the courts, to see if he can get around the Second Amendment creatively.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/12893/obama-...infringe-right-bear-arms/#HGTwHWMwDjdFkBlG.99

U201491 likes this.
  2. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

There are a few ways to approach this if asked, such as:
    "If your going to ask me about my firearms, can I please see your firearm instructors certificate? Just trying to protect you, doc. Giving advice for something outside of your field of expertise could be grounds for a malpractice suit".

Caveman Jim and mjbskwim like this.
  3. solv3nt

solv3nt Portland Well-Known Member

The answer implies that you have guns.

U201491 likes this.
  4. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

jrprich, Dyjital and Osmosis like this.
  5. thorborg

:oops:
    Obama has signed 194 executive orders at last count. Many in its self, ambiguous to the lay. Multiply that by the countless extended references marked in red. Add in the myriad gray zones encompassing the "discretion" of some person or agency will make for some serious reading and still require interpetation. (Intentionally)
    The fact I can't personally point to the contrary does not negate it's validity any more than your question proves otherwise.
    Things I know for sure;
    Absolute, in no way, personifies Obama.
    Integrity, honesty, decency, and morality as I view them, also do not live within his soul. These attributes are similarly void in any of the prime media outlets.

Because you personally have not been pressed into participation, does not mean the seeds of the dirty deeds are not sown.
    All any thinking person can do is examine the quality in (accuracy terms) of our personal informational sources over time, and decide who and what are you going to believe.
    I am at an age you cannot repeat something enough to make it so, as I have lived through things that have happened which are now being rewritten with the truth altered.
    It is not within my nature (and I believe most others too) to meet one anew and automatically disbelieve what they say to me. Trust, I believe, is instinctive. Ones action and reality, will enhance or diminish my trust.
    Many decades of less than positive experiences have added "Caution" and "Suspicious" to that trust, but it is still flickering within me.

All that said;
    I trust this administration will go to any length to pursue their goals. In their minds there is one more Unwritten executive order:
    "The ends will justify the means"
    Though not a new concept. None of my life experience or studies of Constitutional and Political science claim to condone that.

6. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Just getting tired of being accused a spy.

7. thorborg

I empathetically hear you and am sorry it's come to that. I have never used the word spy though I'm sure plenty have. I advocate caution not accusation.
    We all are reaping the soiled and acrid future currently bestowed on us. Within any organization there is a variance in quality for many reasons. Police definitely share your pain likely on a higher level now. You are not alone, Obama and his Attoney general say my color, age and fear of god makes me a threat.
    When the cheese is moldy you can trim it off doesn't make the hole round ruined. But when the bread is moldy you can't always see what's bad to avoid. So goes Doctors or police. You don't know if they're friend or foe till its too late.
    That brings me back to trust. Pursuing the premise of the "rat out the gun owner" dictate, If even ten percent of physicians sign on to it regardless of the reason, whom do I trust?
    I am having my eye cut open, the lens pureed and sucked out. For the replacement lens, I have several imperfect options. I would like to ask the surgeon to opine on which lens might best enhance the hunting and shooting aspects of my hobbies.
    The lack of trust precludes my asking. Before you say it is self inflicted, I happen to know two, gun hating doctors, and one surgeon, who ignored the dictate of his patient albeit I do not consider that a rampant disease it is still to large of a percentage for my comfort.
    I seen too many breaches to know there is no such thing as confidentiality in medical records.
    I trusted my doctor who just passed away from old age.
    Now I'm filled with mistrust for many unrelated reasons.
    My age and physical deterioration leave me with fewer hobbies to enjoy so I will guard and savor them till death.
    How are the infringements, penalties, threats and profiling of and toward me, any less or more exasperating than your heavy sigh?o_O
    Eventually we will all sink or swim together.

8. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

I'm not on Owebamacare & my Dr's questionnaire has it on it....
    I voted NO.....

9. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

There are doctors that will and dr's that won't if you are in the won't arena, no worry. But I have had the questions asked and that was at the VA already Wife has had the same questions asked.
    The answer should always be no, we don't hunt or shoot and then shut up. .

Caveman Jim likes this.
  10. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

NO and no explanation necessary....

thorborg and U201491 like this.